Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Are you a highly motivated professional with a successful track record of strategic and operational delivery of results? Do you possess strong financial acumen coupled with a solid understanding of business structures, processes, and information flow in the banking sector?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Risk Manager to join our Risk Department. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Credit Risk Manager will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the Bank’s adherence to its Credit Risk Appetite thresholds as defined in the Bank’s Risk Appetite Framework.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Reporting & communication – identify, measure and report credit risk exposures related to all categories of credit facilities offered by the Bank to its customers Largest credit exposures (Top 50), new loan disbursements, PAR analysis, etc.
Risk Assessment programs- Review credit related Bank processes to ensure that adequate controls are in place to identify, monitor and control risk associated with the credit processes.
- Assist in documenting the Bank’s ICAAP processes to ensure that industry best practices are incorporated to identify, monitor and control pillar 1 & 2 risks and associated capital requirements.
- ESG& Climate Risk – Develop and monitor climate-related/ESG risk metrics at exposure, counterparty, and portfolio levels as well as develop stress test methodologies to test resilience to climate-related risks.
- Policies, procedures & related controls -Assist in reviewing credit related internal policies, procedures, new products & services, and make recommendations for enhancement of credit controls and risk mitigation as appropriate.
- Risk Assessment programs – Carry out periodic control sample testing reviews of credit/loan products and ensure that the policy requirements of the Credit Policy are complied with.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in drafting the Board Risk Committee quarterly reports on credit risk exposures and emerging trends.
- Risk monitoring, testing & curing – Work with Business and Credit Management Departments within the Bank to enhance the Bank’s and overall Group credit risk mitigation strategies and tools.
- Regulatory interaction & coordination – undertaking bank wide stress testing exercise and consolidating the quarterly stress testing report for timely submission to CBK
- Risk monitoring, testing & curing – Attend Bank meetings both internal and external from time to time including the Early and Late alert Credit risk meetings.
- Support the Chief Risk officer in drafting ALCO reports on a monthly basis/ as required including ad-hoc analysis of emerging risks/issues.
- Regulatory interaction & coordination – Conducting audits of credit related policies and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors as and when required.
- Risk training & awareness- Providing support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization in line with the annual RMD training plan.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in keeping track of circulars and reports released by CBK, KBA, etc. to ensure bank’s compliance on credit related matters
- Ensure that there is Strict adherence to all regulations, statues, practices and procedures as per the relevant manuals and compliance with all the relevant external legislations and regulations
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Strict adherence to all regulations, statues, practices and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all the relevant external legislations and regulations with regard to Compliance requirements.
- Ensure that as a staff member you actively contribute to the department/division attaining a “Satisfactory” rating in both internal and external audit by performing their role to the required standards and adhering to all internal processes and procedures as per relevant manuals, policies and regulations of the Bank.
- Risk Governance & Policy framework – Ensure that all risk management requirements are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels
How to apply:
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number CRM/RM/2023 before the close of business 25th September 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer.