Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Chief People Officer (CPO) to lead the firm’s global People division, including talent acquisition, employee experience, compliance, immigration, compensation & benefits strategy, performance management, people analytics, etc. We seek candidates with at least ten years of experience and a proven track record of leadership in human resources management, talent acquisition, and talent development, with a preference for experience in the financial services and/or the renewable energy sector. The CPO at CrossBoundary is far from the typical HR Executive. We believe our team members give us a competitive advantage. This role will aim to create innovative People services and programs that enable our team members to develop, grow, and succeed. The ideal candidate will fulfill the role of a modern CPO, be able to work and thrive globally and be willing to travel. This role is a member of our Executive team and reports to the Co-founder and Managing Partner.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting markets. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
- Develop and implement overall People division strategy to meet firm needs
- Oversee talent acquisition team efforts, including sourcing, interviewing, and selecting top talent to ensure the firm has the right people in the right roles
- Support the employee experience team, including onboarding, crossboarding, and offboarding, to ensure that all team members have a positive experience at CrossBoundary
- Ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations, including immigration
- Develop and implement a compensation and benefits strategy that is competitive, equitable, and aligned with the firm’s values, virtues, and goals
- Lead and innovate on the firm’s performance management process to ensure it’s scalable and support the creation of employee learning and development programs
- Manage all employee relations matters
- Build out CrossBoundary’s people analytics capabilities to ensure the firm is making data-driven decisions and make relevant information available to stakeholders
- Continue to build upon our culture of inclusion, diversity, and belonging, and promote an environment that values and supports employee engagement, development, and growth
- Ensure employee safety and wellness
- Innovate People systems and make sure they are maintained and scalable over time
- Lead the growing People team, and maintain responsibility for team hiring, capacity building, performance management, and general team leadership duties
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven track record of leadership in human resources management, talent acquisition, and talent development
- In-depth knowledge of human resources best practices and desire to stay up to date with the latest trends in the market
- Demonstrated leadership in fast-moving and complex environments
- Biased towards action
- Strong locus of control; takes extreme ownership over results
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Self-starter and innovator who is passionate about creating lasting change in underserved markets
- Proven ability to recruit and build high-performing teams in multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of HR employment laws and regulations across countries, including immigration laws
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences and through all levels of the firm
- Comfort with ambiguity; can operate effectively in a changing context
- Knowledge of various HR systems
Required skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in human resource management, talent acquisition, and talent development with a preference for experience in the financial services and/or the renewable energy sector
- Experience as a People Executive within a firm that is globally dispersed required
- Experience working in the financial services and energy sectors will be regarded favorably
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
Think you have what it takes but are not sure you check every box? Research shows that while men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women often only apply when they meet every requirement. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, we want to hear from you!
The CPO will be based in one of our 26 offices. Preferences are Nairobi, Kenya; Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa; or Lagos, Nigeria.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal-opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.