About the role
At Crown Agents we are in the process of updating our Gender and Social Inclusion consultant database and we are looking for national and international consultants with deep technical expertise in gender equality and social inclusion to support the design, implementation and monitoring of our programmes.
If you are interested in joining Crown Agents as a Gender and Social Inclusion consultant and meet the criteria below, please express your interest by clicking on the ‘apply online’ button below.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience, with at least 7 years in the field of social development and gender equality and social inclusion
- Knowledge of key terms and concepts relating to gender equality and social inclusion
- Experience applying key concepts and international standards and guidelines relating to gender equality and social inclusion
- Understanding of data collection as it relates to gender and social inclusion analysis, including the difference between quantitative and qualitative data collection, and primary and secondary data collection, and when each is most appropriate for use, with reference to ethical and safety considerations.
- Experience conducting gender and social inclusion analysis and different frameworks for gender and social inclusion analysis
- Experience designing, monitoring and evaluating standalone and GESI-integrated programmes
- Experience integrating GESI into fund management approaches
- Sector-specific expertise in the following technical areas
- GESI responsive public financial management
- Inclusive urban development and infrastructure
- GESI sensitive procurement and supply chain management
- GESI and environmental protection and climate change adaptation GESI and energy
- GESI mainstreaming across health sector, e.g., immunization campaigns
- GESI and humanitarian Action
- GESI and conflict resolution, peacebuilding and state building
- Prior experience working with the FCDO and/or USAID and international trusts and foundations.
How to Apply
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter (1 page maximum)
- Two referees
This is an urgent recruitment and we will therefore review CVs on a rolling basis.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.
Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package