Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- The Head of Risk will be responsible for developing and implementing an integrated and sound enterprise risk management process, policies and procedures including operational and market risk for the entire company.
- Responsibilities will include ensuring a strong control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance
- The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across d.light of business processes, risk management and controls.
- The ideal candidate is a critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s risk position and control environment. They are organized with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Safeguard the company’s assets through the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the group’s risk and control framework, including policies and key risks to ensure that the group has adequate risk mitigation or controls to prevent loss.
- Manage the outsourced internal audit function to ensure that scope, coverage and reporting address the assessed risk of the company and company receives value for money.
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews and investigations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve controls, compliance and efficiency.
- Developing the overall enterprise risk management framework for the company including ERM methodologies, risk appetite, risk policies and procedures and risk limits.
- Coordination and integration with the functional and business heads to align operational practices and parameters with the risk policies and controls.
- Timely reporting on risk, the control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation and resolution to business partners, executive committee and the risk and audit committee.
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from risk and control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action.
- Standardization and automation: apply and implement best practices for managing risk, controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment, and review procedures.
- Engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings.
- 7+ years experience from a similar position in a multinational group or delivering similar services.
- Big 4 audit Experience.
- Minimum degree in business field or analytics acquired from a reputable university.
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Strong experience and interest for how technology and systems can support control effectiveness and efficiency.
- Solid understanding and experience with risk and control frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills – includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for the financial reporting and recommendations for improvement.
- Strong communication skills – presenting control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organisation with the right level of detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including sound presentational skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a multi-geographic team.
- Adaptable to working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Striving for continuous improvement and optimisation.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of risk and control initiatives.
- Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
You must be logged in to post a comment.