IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems.
Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research, and a not-for-profit, Dalberg Catalyst, our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are a brand builder and storyteller who works across written and visual content development, systems, platforms, and tools to lay the ground for effective communications. You are eager to identify potential stories and track narratives as they unfold, bringing in the right people, tools, and resources to ensure they reach the right audiences and align with organizational vision and objectives. You have an eye for design and an ear for news, especially in the development sector, with the ability to work with a diverse range of teams to give shape to the perspectives and work that express who a company is to its most important stakeholders. You are fluent in social media and well-rounded when it comes to digital tools like WordPress, the Adobe suite, and production processes. You are also experienced at building and improving infrastructure and processes that improve internal coordination, align stakeholders, and sharpen communications products.
Above all else, you are a team player with a high level of maturity and emotional insight, and you take a problem-solving, collaborative approach in getting people on board with your ideas and finding even better ways of doing things.
- At least seven years of relevant experience, spanning content development/writing, social media, website management and analytics, visual design production, and storytelling.
- Excellent written and editorial skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye.
- Professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, and maturity, and a deeply collaborative and empathetic nature, with the confidence and clarity of thinking required to engage senior stakeholders across geographies, cultures, and practice areas.
- An ear for stories and an eye for design: able to look across a portfolio of work and identify priorities and processes that will help bring new external content to life.
- Demonstrated experience working directly on, or in coordination with, the component roles of a communications team, and a demonstrated ability to apply skills in a way that strengthens the work of teammates as well as taking the lead on individually-driven initiatives.
- Passion for development- and social impact-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics.
- Experience serving as the point person for all matters related to the running of a WordPress website, including liaising with developer teams on fixes, building new pages based on templates, troubleshooting day-to-day issues, and determining when to bring in developer resources for new initiatives and bigger challenges.
- Past experience sourcing, analyzing, and presenting Comms-related analytics such as social media and Web site analytics and SEO rankings.
- Understanding of SEO best practices, and familiarity with SEO optimization tools and processes.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, FIGMA, Canva, and willingness to learn about other emerging visual and content-related collaboration tools.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in both startups and larger organizations, as well as agency and in-house roles.
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in emerging markets strongly preferred).
- Foreign language skills (French and/or Spanish proficiency preferred).
- Experience identifying, sourcing, writing, editing, and publishing nuanced, on-brand content across social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) for service-oriented organizations or brands.
- Experience creating design briefs for social media assets (graphics, GIFs, video, Instagram or LinkedIn stories), selecting on-brand visual assets for social (e.g. from internal photo databases, Shuttersock, Unsplash) and managing in-house or external design resources.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or independently obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
You will serve as a core member of Dalberg’s Global Strategic Communications team and support a wide range of initiatives designed to help the firm grow its reach and engagement across all of our channels. You will collaborate with staff across regions to help identify, develop and publish content on our channels as well as support the management of Dalberg’s global website. Your work will be done against the backdrop of news cycles and cultural and development trends within a firm that is growing both in size and public visibility. This is a natural position for an entrepreneurial Communications professional who is looking for opportunities to grow professionally and is also passionate about driving social impact.
- Work directly with Dalberg staff around the world to identify and shape project work, ideas, and insights into compelling content for Dalberg channels (e.g., website, newsletter, social media) and external publications that strengthen Dalberg’s profile and brand equity .
- Spearhead new experiments designed to grow the quantity and quality of reach and engagement across social media platforms.
- Publish new content on our website, taking finalized copy and images from a Word document to a Web page complete with graphics and correct formatting.
- Lead and contribute to the design of new visuals and graphics for all of Dalberg’s channels, notably the website, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Analyze and report on visitor traffic across all Dalberg platforms, distilling key insights for communicate to senior staffs.
- Work in close collaboration with the global comms editorial team and a network of select contractors.
Dalberg is a platform for change. Our staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions that will define the Dalberg experience for years to come.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global challenges, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as the Ethiopian Ministry of Innovation and Technology, USAID, and India’s NITI Aayog.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Abidjan, Dar Es Salaam, Johannesburg, Kigali, Lagos, and Nairobi.
Please submit your application at our Career Centre, by 11:59 EST on 02 January 2023. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location.
Your application should include the following:
- Cover letter.
- 4-5 writing samples with brief contextual background included for each example (examples ideally highlight newsletter experience, past internal communications examples, and/or process outlines).
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for several interviews to test editorial and conceptual thinking skills through editorially focused questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.