Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Overall purpose of the role:
The position is to assist the MEAL Officer in ensuring the implementation of comprehensive MEAL systems to improve the quality and enhance DRC’s ability to demonstrate the impact of its work in urban refugee and host communities’ settings. The incumbent will work closely with the DRC urban program colleagues/sectors and in matrix management arrangement with the DRC Urban Area Manager to ensure the project expectations are met.
R1. Design and implementation of MEAL Plans:
- Participate in the design and implementation of the MEAL plan for urban program projects.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL officer, develop/adapt relevant tools and procedures to monitor and report results of project activities.
- Support review and update MEAL plans as necessary.
R2. Data and information management:
- Assist in design/adapt a data management plan for projects in line with the MEAL plan data requirements.
- Ensure data management procedures implemented adhere to the DRC data protection policy.
- Maintain a secure and up-to-date beneficiary database with appropriate Age/Gender/Diversity data.
- Ensure systematic data collection, clean up, storage and system maintenance.
- Perform periodic monitoring and verification exercises to ensure data quality.
- Conduct regular data analysis and provide information and statistics in agreed formats including dashboards for weekly, monthly and final reports required for internal and external progress updates.
- Offer technical support to protection and livelihoods staff in using relevant data management and reporting tools (training, coaching etc.)
R3. Accountability to affected populations:
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the urban programme’s Feedback and Complaints Response Mechanism (F-CRM) including gathering individuals’ feedback on DRC services
- Collaborate with the registrar of the F-CRM on follow-up and response to operational complaints regarding DRC interventions
- Monitor and report on the urban programme’s adherence to the CHS commitments in the response
R4. Report Writing & Documentation:
- Guide project staff in generating activity reports using standard formats.
- Generate and share weekly/bi-weekly updates on MEAL findings to inform learning and adjustment of activities as needed
- Assist in compiling and submitting weekly, monthly and final reports to the MEAL officer and Urban area manager.
- Document case studies & lessons learned for internal and external sharing through DRC social media channels, review meetings and reports
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience within the field of monitoring and evaluation and protection/livelihoods programming compression an added advantage
- Experience working in urban displacement responses and in multi-sectoral interventions
- Experience in working with information management systems / databases and mobile data collection platforms
- Demonstrated experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Excellent report writing and communication skills (English)
- Clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitments and operation of community feedback and response mechanisms
- A Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social work, development studies, or other related Social Sciences and training in Monitoring and Evaluation; or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics / Information management Sciences.
DRC’s Core competencies:
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master the below DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you Uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract duration: 1-year contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council terms of employment for National staff.
Employment Category: Band I2
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
Availability: May 2023
Location: Eastleigh – Nairobi
Internal: MEAL Officer, Urban Area Manager, Protection and Livelihood staff and relevant country office units.
External: Other NGOs, Refugees and host communities, National and local government authorities, Donors, Partners
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications, which should include a 1-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, and qualifications and a CV. Applications should include contact details of three professional referees who have supervised the candidate in the last five years. One referee must be the applicant’s most recent manager. Only applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on http://www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Applications should be sent no later than: 9th April 2023.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, female candidates and those from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.