Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The goal of USAID’s Somalia Monitoring Learning Project-2 (SMLP-2) is to establish a third-party monitoring (TPM) system to collect data that verifies partner reported outputs and selected outcomes, and to deduce lessons learned from humanitarian programs in Somalia funded by BHA/Somalia. The overall goal of SMLP-2 is to increase BHA/Somalia’s access to independent, verifiable data related to the 1) quantity and quality of activities delivered, and 2) performance of BHA-funded programs in Somalia. This increased access to data will allow BHA/Somalia to make more evidence-based program design, implementation, and strategy decisions.
**Please note: Only Kenyan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Data Analyst/Report Writer will work under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring Advisor and will assist the SMLP2 to evaluate site visit data and draft Site Visit Reports (SVR) each month through February 2024. The Data Analyst/Report Writer will provide surge capacity support in data processing and report writing for site visits through the end of February. The Data Analyst/Report Writer will review quantitative and qualitative site visit data that includes beneficiary surveys, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews. Additionally, the Data Analyst/Report Writer will prepare 5–8-page SVRs for each site visit assigned. This position will be assigned to up to 20 site visits for examination and reporting. This is a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Level of Effort required to complete this assignment is: Up to 20 Days (November 13 – February 28, 2024).
- Review the SMLP2 FY2024 Annual Monitoring Plan and Schedule.
- Review the updated data evaluation plan.
- Conduct data review according to the data evaluation plan for up to 20 site visits over the consultancy period.
- Prepare up to twenty, five-to-eight-page SVRs.
- Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, or other relevant disciplines is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum five years of professional work experience related to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) is required.
- Minimum five years of professional work experience in planning and implementing programs focused on MEAL is required.
- Minimum four years of field-based experience is preferred.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other international donors.
- Experience with relevant technical work in third-party monitoring (TPM) research and/or implementation.
- Familiarity with issues related to the implementation of humanitarian assistance activities for refugees and IDPs, food aid, and multi-sector humanitarian assistance in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Familiarity with the operations of BHA-funded programs in Somalia is highly desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, attention to detail, and organizational and team management skills required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.