Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Data Engineering Manager to join our Business Intelligence team. As the Data Engineering Manager, you will play a crucial role in driving data-driven decision-making and providing valuable insights to optimize our business operations. You will lead the analytics engineering department and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality analytics solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into actionable analytics projects and initiatives.
- Lead a team of two talented data engineers
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation within the analytics function to increase efficiency and scalability.
- Ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security by implementing best practices and data governance policies.
- Further develop our Data Warehouse by building analytical data models and data marts.
- Build robust data pipelines using graphical ETL/ELT tools such as Dataform, Talend, or Dbt.
- Develop code that adheres to our standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Perform performance tuning and optimization to enhance the efficiency of analytics processes.
- Ensure data security and compliance measures are implemented effectively.
- Create and maintain architecture and systems documentation.
- Maintain a data catalog to support self-service and single-source-of-truth analytics effectively.
- Identify yourself with our mission to revolutionize access to essential goods and services for communities across Africa and want to make a meaningful contribution.
- Excitement about the challenges of an e-commerce business, including forecasting demand, optimizing delivery schedules and routing, managing inventory, and increasing customer lifetime value.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
- Have 8+ years of experience building data marts and analytical data models, preferably in an agile and fast-growing start-up environment.
- Have 8+ years of experience working with version control systems.
- Have 8+ years of experience working with graphical ETL/ELT Tools such as Dataform, Talend, GCP Composer, GCP Datastream, GCP Dataflow, and DBT.
- Have 3+ years of experience leading data engineering and data science teams.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Data Warehouses in BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, or Snowflake.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps and automation practices, including containerization (e.g., Docker) and orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes) for managing containerized applications.
- Knowledge of data security and compliance measures.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and networking.
- Familiarity with streaming technologies like Apache Kafka or Google Cloud Datastream.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization.
- Python skills and experience with Apache Airflow are highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge of B2B ecommerce or a similar industry is a plus.