Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- We are looking for a senior data scientist who can drive notable improvements in how we use and adapt existing and new data in understanding sector financing issues in Africa and the Middle East, particularly for young people, women, and marginalized people. This team player will build on our existing work on human development, in particular in social sector financing and youth, and on related sectors, such as disaster finance, to generate a distinctive consulting offering that will realize value in health financing in our focus geographies, based on strong data analytics and visualization techniques. We expect this offering to be applicable across a mix of projects responding to formal requests for proposals from funders and projects that are proactively created by our team using existing knowledge and relationships with clients of a range of types.
This role will also involve supporting colleagues to working on youth skills and ecosystems, including designing, setting up databases and supporting creating of dashboards around our youth strategy, leading project acquisition and delivery, and team-building.
- You will work with Genesis colleagues to acquire, lead and deliver consulting projects to help our clients unlock and realize value in human development, by helping governments and their partners helping clients understand and help populations to manage risks. You will help resilient social sector financing arrangements and programmes that are adequately financed, allocate budgets wisely and efficiently, make good use of technologies, and are adaptive and responsive to shocks and opportunities. The result of this will be that marginalized populations will be better able to manage risks and shocks in health, and more broadly across social sectors.
In each project, you will:
- Ensure service excellence and delivery
- Manage interactions and negotiations with clients
- Ensure project profitability and efficiency
- Assess and structure the problem to be solved, and approach to the analysis of data and information, testing and refining hypotheses, and drafting and communicating conclusions and recommendations to the client
In some cases, you will travel to do this, usually with colleagues.
As part of your role, you can expert to do the following:
- Data Collection & Processing: Lead on gathering, cleaning, and processing data from various sources relevant to human development initiatives.
- Analytical Support: Lead in the development and execution of quantitative models, statistical analysis, and predictive analysis
- Report Preparation: Lead in creating comprehensive reports, visualizations, and dashboards to present insights in a clear and effective manner and quality assuring work from junior team members
- Research Collaboration: Work closely with other team members to research current trends and best practices in human development, contributing to the ongoing projects.
- Mentoring, coaching and support: Provide support to various junior team members that are part of the data and analytics team
We offer you a steep learning curve while providing an opportunity to make a difference. We will invest in your professional development. We offer meaningful work with professional, talented and supportive teams; mentoring and regular feedback from partners; structured training and coaching programmes; and a career ladder.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- You will be an exceptional candidate. You are focused on the positive impact of your consulting work. You have experience and a learning appetite in databases, data analytics, visualizations and developing bespoke analytical products for clients. You have a deep understanding of the social sector issues, across Education, Health, Social Protection, WaSH, and Nutrition. You have at least 3 years of experience.
The ideal Genesis candidate carries a balanced combination of powerful intellect, strong technical skills, and a consulting character to match. Such candidates:
- Are passionate, self-motivated and energetic problem-solvers
- Value integrity and exhibit ethical behaviour
- Are analytical thinkers and fast learners with an excellent academic record
For this role, the preferred candidate will possess the following essential skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience in the human development sector or in working with related data sets.
- Proficiency (expert level) in advanced software packages, such as STATA, R, Python, Power Bi, Tableau and in data visualization, presentation or design software, and GIS
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams in changing environments
- Ability to solve problems through clear thinking, and strong quantitative analytical skills, including attention to detail
- Excellent consulting experience, with experience in public consulting in health financing highly desirable
- Experience working in government, with experience working to address health services access, improvement of quality and advancement of equity highly desirable
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills.