Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will ensure that all audit assignments in Public Sector and Government Service Line are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm; develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters; and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
What you will do
- Support the Partner on delivery of designated engagements and managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables;
- Manage work in progress on engagements and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up;
- Leverage a deep understanding of audit services and stakeholder needs to deliver high-quality engagements;
- Manage engagement budgets through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management;
- Perform risk assessment procedures to provide a basis for the identification and assessments of the risk of material misstatement;
- Assist in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request; and
- Generate innovative solutions on projects/engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance/renew service offerings to clients.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- A recognized accounting qualification such CPA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of regulations and operations of key donors such as USAID, EU, United Nations and Global Fund
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
- At least 6 years’ experience post-qualification with an internationally recognised Audit Firm.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Supports the Partner on delivery of designated engagements/projects, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
- Budgets / Profitability – Manages engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management.
- Stakeholder Focus – Leverages a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high-quality engagements.
- Tools, guidance and methodology – Delivers high-quality audits via a number of enablers.
- Project plans – Develops and manages project plans as a critical component to executing high-quality audits.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable and able to manage ambiguity with ease.
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in developing and presenting client proposals.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Focus on quality and risk
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
You must be logged in to post a comment.