IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (6) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Our Financial Advisory practice advises clients ranging from SME’s to large multinational companies, banks, private equity investors, owner managed businesses, creditors and shareholders on protecting, enhancing and realising value in companies, organisations and specialist assets.
The Financial Advisory team specialises in taking facts and figures and adding insight and expertise to maximise value and impact for our clients. Our integrated approach means our clients enjoy ‘one point of call’ that encompasses every aspect of a transaction. Together with other Deloitte services such as Audit, Tax and Legal, Consulting and Risk Advisory, we provide a comprehensive solution to clients, using global best practices and our global and local networks.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Financial Advisory team as an Associate Director – Valuations & Modelling. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
Main purpose of the job
As an Associate Director in the Valuations & Modelling Services team, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of valuation engagements across all sectors, with responsibility for leading on-the-ground teams, managing and coaching staff and leading client-facing delivery. You will oversee business origination and development and will play a vital role in advising leading local and multinational companies on a wide variety of complex and challenging valuation and transaction scenarios. The main projects you will lead will be related to the development of valuation models, buy-side and sell-side advisory, as well as financial reporting valuations. You will manage the execution team in performing fieldwork and be responsible for the overall projects’ progress.
What you will do
- Lead in the development of Deloitte East Africa Valuations Strategy and give meaningful input in the development of the overall strategy for Financial Advisory Service Line;
- Lead implementation of the Deloitte East Africa Valuations Strategy;
- Actively identify sales opportunities in the broader market, lead and assist with client pitches/proposals;
- Manage valuation projects including client interface & management, project risks/issues and coordinate assignment delivery;
- Lead delivery of various projects including Indicative and independent valuations, Fair and reasonable opinions, Purchase price allocation valuations and intangible asset valuations, Going concern reviews, Impairment testing and Fund valuation;
- Review and prepare engagement letters demonstrating technical/risk management awareness;
- Regularly participate in networking activities to build Deloitte’s market eminence, grow market networks with key players and build long-term relationships;
- Take responsibility for quality deliverables including detailed written reports and presentations within agreed timescales and regularly update the Partner on progress; and
- Lead, coach, up-scale and mentor project execution teams.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- A recognized professional qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years experience in Financial Advisory/M&A/Valuations preferably in a professional services firm.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Strong personal credibility and communication skills, ability to represent the Firm in senior level discussions.
- Ability to motivate and manage a team of professionals.
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others.
- Adaptability and ability to manage change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Excellent analytical skills including analysis of big data and advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Experience in writing and presenting client proposals.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Focus on quality and risk.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters.
Influence – Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations.
Performance drive – Builds a high-performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams.
Strategic direction – Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success.
Talent development – Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
Competitive Edge – Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients.
Inspirational Leadership – Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act.
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving – Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing large and complex data sets to extract insights and support solutions.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value differences, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 30 November 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.