Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will ensure that the audit fieldwork is conducted economically and per agreed client and Firm standards and also support Engagement Managers in delivery of services to/at client premises on delegated engagements.
What you will do
- Support the Engagement Manager in delivery of engagement/project, in specific area of competency;
- Proactively identify client needs and problem technical issues that arise and propose resolutions to address these;
- Raise issues with the Manager as identified in area of focus that may affect the quality of delivery or timelines of the engagement;
- Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per Service Level Agreements with clients;
- Actively build business relationships that generate leads, identify opportunities for follow-on work and work with management to win the business;
- Assist in development of client presentations/discussion documentation;
- Develop productive working relationships with client staff;
- Manage engagement risk in line with Deloitte policies;
- Maintain clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status;
- Share expertise and knowledge with team members and assist where possible to ensure quality and timeous delivery of work;
- Maintain own development and knowledge in specialised area; and
- Comply with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the Firm’s quality control procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- A recognized accounting qualification such Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
- Proficient in Auditing software.
- At least three (3) years’ professional audit working experience.
- Experience with an internationally recognised auditing firm is an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Support the Engagement Manager in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency.
- Budgets / Profitability – Maintain quality and timeous delivery as per SLA.
- Client Impact: Internal & External – Communicate regularly with both Engagement Manager and client to meet deliverable expectations in specific area of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease;
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge;
- Knowledge of accounting, auditing and regulatory professional standards;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good financial knowledge;
- Sound business acumen;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 30 September 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.