Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Main purpose of the job
The holder of this position will assist engagement teams (professionals at all levels) with performing the required Finance, Strategy, Quality, Independence, Risk & Legal processes.
What you will do
- Ensure that the Tax & Legal department complies with the Firm’s Quality, Independence, Risk & Reputation processes;
- Ensure completion of the Engagement Acceptance (EA) Forms in consultation with the Opportunity Partner/ Manager;
- Review and discuss opportunity and engagement monitoring reports regularly with the responsible Partner/ Manager;
- Assist managers to capture clients and opportunities on the Phoenix system, conduct high-level conflict checks, follow up on client acceptances/continuance with respective approvers and follow up with opportunity managers and directors on outstanding checks/approvals;
- Assist opportunity teams in logging conflict checks on the system and following up as appropriate to ensure queries are addressed;
- Follow up with the Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) and other approvers required as per the conflict check outcome;
- Provide assistance to managers on the Deloitte Entity Search and Compliance System (DESC) by facilitating the logging and follow up of service requests;
- Monitor business relationships and follow up with managers and directors regarding outstanding actions;
- Create and file relevant contract documents and letters of engagement on the system;
- Keep file archival tracker up to date and follow up as appropriate with Managers to ensure files are archived and share regular reports;
- Assist the Tax & Legal Department execute strategy sessions and tracking on progress of strategic initiatives;
- Support in business development and training initiatives;
- Support the Tax and Legal Finance team on day to day finance initiatives including billings, working capital and debtors management;
- Timely escalation of issues identified; and
- Any other duties that may be allocated to support Tax & Legal function.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution.
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in the service industry.
- Good understanding of risk management, finance, compliance systems and processes.
- Strong administration skills and ability to drive a task to completion and work with limited supervision.
Key Performance Areas
Strategic Impact – Supports the Manager/Partner/Director on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
Delivery Excellence – Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high-quality service experience to the client.
Analytical thinking and problem solving – Collects, assimilates, and analyzes data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions for solving problems in the Tax and Legal business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Desire to develop self and others.
- Sound problem solving ability.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Team player.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and planning skills (Administration, documentation & Financial management).
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value differences, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: Friday, 30 September 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities