IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a robust Internal Client Services unit positioned to deliver outstanding value and services needed to achieve Deloitte’s vision. It enables client facing staff to work efficiently and effectively.
The Finance department provides finance and accounting services to the Firm and its leadership to support the business’ decision-making process. The Finance department is involved in the preparation of forecasts and financial plans and works with the various departments to ensure client receivables are managed effectively and that our cash and billings targets are met.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Finance Team as a Project Services Accountant. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
Main purpose of the job
The incumbent will support the effective delivery of Project Services (PS) Accounting to the business. In addition, he/she will be charged with ensuring correct reporting of revenue and maintaining the integrity of engagements in SAP.
What you will do
- Circulate weekly revenue reports to the relevant teams and provide business insights to the different service lines and Finance team leaders based on available data;
- Perform first-level revenue analysis and combine with cost analysis from the General Accounting Accountant, provide feedback to the Country/ Regional/ Service Line Partner/s on project related results;
- Coordinate quarterly project engagement audits and ensure business sign off at the end of each financial year;
- Assist business in collating the required information (such as the project plans, billing schedules and resourcing) to open project codes;
- Verify accuracy and completeness of information required to open project codes;
- Enforce compliance of governance requirements in the way that project codes are opened;
- Oversee the engagement code opening and integration of CRM to SAP and load any additional information required by SAP;
- Ensure timeous and accurate opening and closing of engagement codes (by self or business if applicable;
- Manage billing based on the project plan and instructions from business;
- Submit zero rated/ exempt VAT invoices to the Tax Compliance Accountant for tax compliance checks;
- Manage project code closure, with no activity, via a monthly ‘clean-up’ exercise;
- Resolve queries relating to project services data or processes; and
- Provide assistance and system training to project leaders on SAP activities relating to revenue reviews, rebates, provisions and revenue recognition reconciliations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
- Professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a busy environment.
- SAP experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Good planning and organization skills; and
- Sound problem-solving ability.
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good accounting knowledge;
- Well-developed computer MS Office skills – especially advanced MS Excel; and
- Excellent analytical skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 30 November 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.