Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
How will YOU accomplish this?
As the Director: Finance and Administration you will be expected to provide authoritative leadership on all budget, expenditure monitoring, financial reporting and contract matters to ensure timely and effective implementation of the program’s activities in Kenya. This includes oversight of procurement, grants, construction, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records. You will be responsible for managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID. You will ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies and implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award. Specific areas of accountability will include:
Financial Management activities such as –
- Leading the annual budget development process which includes managing the annual work plan, life-of-project and activity budgets and ensuring compliance of program expenditures with approved budgets.
- Pre-empting reporting requests from USAID and ensuring all information is readily available, accessible to those who need it, and accurate.
- Coordinating contract management activities, working with program staff, home office and partners to draft, manage and monitor implementation of contracts.
- Ensuring all program staff is trained on USAID Rules and Regulations and compliance with the Cooperative Agreement or Contract.
- Coordinating the execution of internal/external financial, operations, and program reviews or audits and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations.
- Managing the development of solicitations for project services; determine appropriate deadlines and scopes of work. Collaborate with the Corporate Contract Office in the development and revision of all contract templates.
Administration activities such as –
- Developing administrative processes which are compliant to both MSH standard processes and procedures and also those of USAID.
- Ensuring timely submission of administrative and financial reports to the team leader and corporate operations office as required.
- Taking accountability for project support staff, not only for their deliverables but also for performance management, career progression and capacity strengthening.
- Participating in project risk register development and implementation, and taking proactive steps to mitigate risks within operational functions.
This list is not exhaustive, and we would expect our DFA leaders to be both innovative and strategic in suggesting and implementing new methods to achieve the outcomes and impact desired by our client and needed by the people the project aims to serve.
What do you need to apply?
- MSH employs people of passion, we seek those individuals who dream of a better world. We look for professionals who combine experience, local knowledge, and an understanding of international best practices. Individuals who share our values of treating everyone with respect while being equitable and holding all of us accountable to make an impact.
Specific requirements for this role are:
- A dynamic leader, with proven credentials, and expertise in the design and implementation of effective and efficient finance and administration systems and processes.
- Considerable experience with USAID-funded projects preferably in Kenya.
- A thorough knowledge of USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Proven leadership and capacity in negotiation and conflict management.
- Demonstrated experience of providing technical assistance to organizations and conducting training, with a passion for building teams, coaching, and mentoring both internally and externally.
From a practical point of view, you will have:
- A master’s degree in business administration, finance, and accounting or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English (required).
- Current authorization to work in Kenya.