Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
DIRECTOR HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (NPS CIVILIAN)-V/No. 39/2023 (1 POST)
- Gross salary: Consolidated (NPSC Scale 8)
- Leave allowance: As per NPSC approved rate
- Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
- Medical Cover: As provided in the NPSC Medical Scheme
- Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Initiate the formulation of Human Capital Management policies, regulations and strategies in line with the National Police Service reform agenda;
- Provide leadership in HR planning, staffing and succession management in the NPS;
- Oversee the maintenance of skills Inventory and assessment of Training needs of the National Police Service and advising on appropriate intervention strategies to be undertaken to bridge the gaps;
- Oversee the development of the Career Progression Guidelines for the various jobs within the National Police Service;
- Oversee management of Payroll and Integrated Personnel Payroll Data (IPPD) System in the National Police Service;
- Oversee adherence to the employee disciplinary and grievance handling procedure in NPS in accordance with the human resource policies and procedures Manual;
- Oversee the preparation of the directorate procurement plan of the Human Capital Management directorate;
- Oversee proper utilization of the Human Capital Management directorate’s annual budget;
- Develop linkages and cooperation with other stakeholders to complement the Directorate’s efforts in training and capacity building in the National Police Service;
- Provide technical advice to the Secretary Administration -NPS on Human Capital policies, processes and management practices.
Requirements for Appointment;
- Holds a Master’s degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Holds a Bachelors’ degree from a university recognized in Kenya in any of the following disciplines; Human Resource Management, Law, Change Management, Governance, Industrial/Public Relations or Business Administration;
- Holds a Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management or it’s equivalent;
- Member of a relevant professional body and in good standing;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Served for a period of fifteen (15) years, eight (8) years of which Must be in a senior management position in a reputable organization.