Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Director of Engineering, Developer Experience is accountable for the Developer Experience Group in the Wikimedia Foundation and is an active participant in the strategic decision making for the Product and Technology department and across the Wikimedia movement. The Developer Experience Group includes Release Engineering, Cloud Services, Technical Documentation, and Quality & Test Engineering teams. This role shares responsibility with the Director of Product for Developer Experience to develop and execute a holistic strategy for Developer Experience in collaboration with other engineering teams, product management, and the volunteer technical contributor community. The teams in this group develop and deliver software, services, and processes that build and sustain our engineering culture and foster improved collaboration. This role is a people management role responsible for completion of technical objectives and a key partner to their Director of Product counterpart.
You are responsible for:
- Leading a group of teams working to make it easier to build, maintain, and deploy reliable software that powers a top 15 internet destination.
- Continuous improvement of the tools, systems, and services that support staff, affiliate, and volunteer software development practices.
- Living and demonstrating our values by fostering a working environment and team relationships that are aligned in our mission, welcoming to everyone who shares our vision and values, curious and open to new ideas, focused on delivering great work, and constantly improving.
- Coaching, developing, and empowering engineering managers and highly senior individual contributors to enable their success in solving problems, delivering on team objectives, and coaching and developing their team members.
- Engineering delivery of the teams in the Developer Experience Group.
- Collaborating with the Director of Product for Developer Experience on roadmaps and technical strategy.
- Participating with other senior managers & directors across the department to establish strategic plans, align towards common objectives, and solve complex problems.
- Participating in organizational development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people to ensure the greatest impact for the Foundation.
- Planning, staffing, budgeting, and managing expense priorities within the cost center for Developer Experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Leading teams that manage software engineering lifecycle processes and services in an organization with 100+ software engineers
- Leading or managing a developer experience, developer productivity, or developer relations function
- Experience managing organizational interaction with a community of technical contributors
- Management or contribution to an open source software project
- Significant progressive engineering management experience
- Experience building and leading diverse, multi-national and remote-first teams
- Proven success at all stages of the engineering process and product lifecycle, leading to significant, measurable impact
- Experience working with internal and external software engineering stakeholders to build processes and tooling to support the software development lifecycle