Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Pact seeks a Director of Grants and Contracts for the USAID-funded Strengthening Youth and Women’s Civic Participation Project. The Project aims to increase collaboration, sustainability, and resilience of civil society and independent media to advance the inclusion, participation and leadership of youth and women in Sudan. The activity will apply locally led, problem-driven, adaptive approaches. This program will be starting Y2 of an anticipated five-year activity, with a dramatic shift in the operating context since the program startup in Khartoum in October 2o22. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel in the East Africa region.
Working in close consultation with the Pact’s Washington, D.C. based Grants and Contracts Team and Global Finance Team, the Director of Grants and Contracts will oversee the full cycle grants and procurement processes, including the sub-granting or sub-contracting processes, and ensure compliance with all Pact and USAID rules and regulations. The Director of Grants and Contracts will be accountable for the Project’s compliance and contractual management, will supervise the Project’s Grants and Contracts team and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Accountable for the Strengthening Youth and Women’s Civic Participation Project’s grants management
- Partner with Pact’s Washington, D.C. Grants and Contracts Team and Global Finance Team, providing oversight and full cycle support to the granting processes and mechanisms.
- Serve as the liaison between Pact and grantee organizations via workplans, clear targets, and deliverables, program and financial monitoring, and indicator tracking.
- In partnership with finance, program officers and technical staff, supervise the grants staff and who work directly with each grantee to review budgets, ensuring cost reasonability, allowability, and allocability, and conduct regular site visits to review both programmatic and financial processes and deliverables. Partner with grantees to improve their financial and compliances policies and processes.
- Provide training and capacity building on grant oversight and ensure that monitoring and oversight is cascaded down to all levels of sub-contracted and sub-granted organizations.
- Ensure that sub-contracts, grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with Pact and USAID policies, regulations, and branding requirements.
- Oversee the full cycle of grants and procurements from solicitation, evaluation, selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring, and closeout.
- Maintain operations tracker to document process for each grant or procurement cycle; compile and organize all grant or procurement materials.
- Oversee the correct and efficient utilization of Pact’s subaward management system (Salesforce) and ensure proper documentation is maintained in accordance with Pact and USAID policies.
- Supervise a team of Grants and Contracts staff. Provide capacity development support to team.
- Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of eleven (11) years’ experience in contracts and grants management, including subgrants and subcontracts, including 6 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of professional management principles, theories, practices and terminology of the laws, regulations and procedure governing USAID financial management and contractual and procurement regulations.
- Deep familiarity with USG and USAID rules and regulations, specifically 2 CFR 200, 2 CFR 700, and 22 CFR 228.
- Demonstrated ability to partner successfully with team, partner/subgrantee organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to provide training to staff and partner organizations on regulatory and compliance matters. Previous management and supervision experience required.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic (must be able to communicate in verbal and written form).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., as well as other relevant software.
- Sudanese nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 14th November 2023