Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Disability Rights Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a law student, graduate level LL.M. student, or graduate student in a relevant field with a demonstrated interest in disability and/or international human rights to intern part-time in the Nairobi office. Ideally, the candidate will be available January 2024 through May 2024, with flexible hours.
- Conducting background desk research on a range of disability rights issues, including shackling in Ghana and Nigeria, and support for people with disabilities to live in the community;
- Monitoring media, reviewing laws and policies, and conducting desk research on disability, and human rights violations in a variety of countries;
- Interning closely with Disability Rights Division staff;
- Drafting documents including, but not limited to advocacy letters and background material for reports and other publications; and
- Other projects may be assigned as they arise and match the intern’s interests and abilities.
Students may also have opportunities to attend lectures, trainings, events relating to human rights, as well as network with other HRW interns, volunteers, and employees. As an HRW intern, students will take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable candidate;
- Previous desk research experience;
- Interest and/or experience in disability and/or international human rights;
- Coursework in disability rights, human rights, law, and/or policy; and
- Internet research and computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, internet applications).
Applicants who are offered an internship must possess valid work authorization in Kenya for the duration of the internship.
Application Deadline: 27 November 2023