Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Abt Associates seeks a Domestic Resource Mobilization and Public Financial Management Lead to join the USAID funded Kenya Health Equity Resource Optimization (HERO) project. As the Domestic Resource Mobilization and Public Financial Management Lead, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction, and leading the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities. You will play a critical role in providing technical guidance for improved health financing and resource mobilization. You are the point-of-contact for key national and sub-national stakeholders acting as a liaison and representing Abt in negotiations. To successfully develop and implement interventions in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of domestic funding for health programs, market data-driven decisions, and utilize relevant health and financial data to demonstrate impact across Activity initiatives.
- Develop and implement interventions to strengthen health financing focusing on domestic resource mobilization and improved public financial management in the health sector, and convene key stakeholders on DRM/PFM at national and subnational levels.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, County governments, other relevant Ministries, and health financing stakeholders to strengthen public financial management for improved health financing.
- Provide technical guidance on subnational level DRM/PFM interventions implementation to the project health financing officers.
- Represent the Activity’s health financing initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Define key information needs for the project and work closely with the MEL Advisor for tracking, collection, and dissemination to strengthen PFM and increase DRM.
- Apply appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning tools within health financing to inform improved financial management and increased resource mobilization.
- Support the DCOP and COP in developing annual work plans, budgets, reports, success stories, and other deliverables.
- Manage and coordinate relevant partners and grants in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Perform other duties as requested by the DCOP.
What We Value
- Master’s Degree in health economics, policy, business management, public health, or related field
- Experience in health systems, health financing, DRM and PFM in the health sector is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the Ministry of Health in the delivery of quality health services and strengthening the health system in Kenya and/or East Africa preferred
- Previous programmatic work with USAID-funded, or other large donor activities is highly preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about health care financing and health evaluation techniques.
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, and maintaining effective working relations with key local partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate understanding of Public Finance Management budgeting, planning, implementation, and evaluation in the health sector.
- Reputation for professional excellence including outstanding strategic planning and management skills
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level county counterparts, donor representatives and senior-level staff.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English and Kiswahili