Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Research Tringle Institute (RTI) is a Not-for-Profit independent research institute dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centrepiece of the Research Triangle Park.
USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project (USAID WKSP), a multi-year activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission in Kenya & East Africa (USAID/KEA) to create a financially sustainable, transformative, replicable, and locally owned sanitation marketplace in eight target counties of Western Kenya -Bungoma, Busia, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, and Siaya.
RTI anticipates staffing the position of a driver for the Project Western Kenya Sanitation Project. The main objective for the position is to drive project vehicle.
Responsibilities of the project driver include but not limited to: –
- Operate USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics team.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use always.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis.
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly vehicle fuel and maintenance reports to the logistics focal point.
- Adherence to all USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project policies and procedures as outlined in the USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three year’s relevant experience with valid Kenya driver’s license and certificate of good conduct.
- Proof of good driving record
- Previous work of at least 3 years driving experience in the Not-for-Profit sector and familiarity with rural terrain preferred.
- Experience in logistics support is an added advantage.
- Oral and written English and Kiswahili language fluency is necessary.
- Candidates from the local county locations preferred.
- Experience operating manual 4×4 vehicles.
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of Western Counties is a desired.
- Knowledge of routes, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.