Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Driver on behalf of International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) to drive passengers and goods to authorized destinations efficiently.
ILRI works to improve food security and nutrition and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 11 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, ILRI has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
ILRI hosts the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Nairobi (www.irri.org) with its headquarters in Los Baños, Laguna in the Philippines. IRRI is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science; improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers; and protecting the rice-growing environment for future generations.
· Ensure the comfort and safety of IRRI Staff, VIPs, visitors, properties and documents by providing quality transport services through strict and proper adherence to traffic rules and regulations.
· Abide to and monitor occupational health and safety requirements and dutifully check roadworthiness and safety check-up of assigned IRRI vehicle before each and every trip
· Proactively respond to requests from internal and external stakeholders to maintain high-level service delivery
· Provide basic office, administrative and logistical support to ensure smooth operations in the IRRI Kenya Office
· Submit duly accomplished and updated reports, monitoring sheets and log books to ensure that the vehicle documents (i.e. registration and fitness) and licenses are up-to-date and that all damages and other unusual vehicular conditions are addressed
· Ensure that overtime sheet is approved by supervisor regularly.
· Ensure that the vehicles are clean and presentable, and all necessary tools are on-board.
· Provide routine maintenance and repairs to IRRI vehicles.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Minimum 5 years of Professional driving experience of light and heavy vehicles
- Must have a clean and valid Kenya Driver’s license
- Must have a valid certificate of good conduct
- Knowledge of defensive driving is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with diverse culture
- Reliable and ability to work effectively and respectfully
Deadline closes 25th September 2023