IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is an international, not-for-profit research and development (R&D) organization that develops and delivers new treatments for neglected diseases affecting millions of the world’s poorest people.
Together with more than 200 public research and industry allies worldwide, we use the power of partnership, innovation, open science, and advocacy to find solutions to a great injustice: the lack of medicines for life-threatening diseases that disproportionately impact poor and marginalized people. Driven by collaboration, not competition, and by patients’ needs, not profits, we promote equitable access, foster inclusive and sustainable solutions, and advocate for a more effective global biomedical R&D system that meets the needs of neglected patients.
Since our inception, DNDi has delivered 12 new treatments for people with sleeping sickness, visceral leishmaniasis, Chagas disease, HIV, hepatitis C, and malaria that have saved millions of lives. We now aim to deliver an additional 11-14 new treatments by 2028 – addressing R&D gaps for neglected tropical diseases and viral infections, including new pandemic-prone diseases (such as Covid-19) and climate-sensitive diseases (such as dengue) with a focus on the needs of patients in low- and middle-income countries.
With more than 250 employees of 33 nationalities located in nine offices on four continents, DNDi is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential parts of our culture and key drivers of our success. We encourage candidates of diverse profiles and backgrounds to apply.
The DNDi Strategy and Operations Department manages the DNDi corporate infrastructure globally (Finance; Human Resources; Information Systems and Technology; Legal Affairs; Alliance Management, Business Development, Procurement, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Facilities) across its 8 locations. The Department plays a central role in DNDi’s compliance and performance and is the custodian of its Strategic Plan, its IST strategy, People Strategy, Diversity Equity and inclusion Strategy, and Code of Conduct.
Purpose of the position
The Information Systems Project Manager coordinates projects and cross cutting initiative, under the guidance of the Information’s System Manager and the Head of Information Systems and Technology.
This role will contribute to DNDi Data Management programme implementation (incl. data governance, data warehouse, analytics, …).
The Information Systems Project Manager also serves as a business partner to the Fundraising team.
Specific job responsibilities
Project management (60%)
This role is accountable for managing IST projects or delivering quality output through expert services or people.
- Responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion.
- Requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
The Information Systems Project Manager will serve as the IST Business Partner to the Fundraising team. In this role, they will:
- Liaise between IST and the fundraising team
- Provide advice to the Fundraising team and its management on the digitalization of fundraising activities.
Business Intelligence and analytics (40%)
- Build Enterprise Data warehouse and corporate reporting capabilities
- Develop an integrated data model.
- Integrate data from different sources after relevant mapping and cleaning
- Specify and implement DNDi global analytics capability, including data warehouse, report broadcast and live queries.
- Connect and maintain interfaces between all critical applications in accordance with the global data governance
- Animate the CRM Data governance to obtain consensus on platform evolution and development arbitrations
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the DNDi:
- Enterprise architecture
- Data catalog, Meta data, Data flow mapping
- Is responsible for the maintenance of DNDi data quality, by coordinating and designing data input or updates processes and quality checks
- Is the focal point for reporting and analytics across the organization
- Support the design and implementation of the global data governance programme
- Facilitate data flow between teams and applications
- Guides and trains DNDi team members in the area of data collection, processes, analytics.
- Provide Data analytics to support DNDi teams, in particular the HR team (within HRIS and Power BI), supports the regular statutory reporting cycle as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Is responsible for maintenance of the various reports, dashboard and KPIs (for instance Headcount/FTE Projection, General HR Dashboard and Diversity and Inclusion Dashboard).
- Develop and provide new dashboards and analytics for Senior Management Team.
The above list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other responsibilities appropriate to your grade. This job description may be subject to review.
- This role reports to the Information Systems Manager
Skills and attributes
- Strong ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving competencies
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Strong ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Well organized and structured
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to provide high level support in project/programme delivery
- Strong ability to manage medium/large projects with budget management
- Strategic thinking and leadership abilities
- Strong management, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Has autonomy for taking actions and decisions
- Ability to build consensus among different needs
- Strong ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Lead and motivate a small team for optimum performance, supervising junior staff
- Very good knowledge of data management and data analytics (SQL, Power Bi, MS Azure)
- Very good knowledge of project management ideally certified
- Knowledge of data management regulations (GDPR of particular interest)
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant experience in which at least 4 years at Senior Officer level
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Experience of working in public and private sector is highly desirable
- Advanced post graduate degree or graduate degree with equivalent in experience to reach Master level
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in local languages desirable
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Status: Full time – Employee
- Please submit your application using the online form
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 30 November 2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position might close early if we have filled the position.