Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- The Program Manager will support management of client contracts, project field operations, and will assist with coordinating home office project management activities. They will also support overall operational, contractual, and financial management of the program and management of field office operational staff. The Program Manager may be asked to complete field-based assignments focused on implementation of small grants portfolio, grants compliance, start-up, close-out, and necessary operational functions. The Program Manager will also play a significant role in business development from capture through live phases, including information gathering, technical approach, and partnering. This position will report to the Director and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Project Delivery and Technical Excellence
- Responsible for day-to-day project management from award through closeout, including contractual compliance, financial management, and oversight of project personnel and subcontractors.
- Serve as back-up support for the Director or designee pertaining to PMU operational matters.
- Manage one or multiple donor-funded projects and oversees day-to-day implementation to ensure their successful completion within budget and scheduled time frame, from award through closeout.
- Serve as a DT Global home office representative to USG clients throughout the project life cycle as needed, including startup and closeout meetings; regular correspondence regarding implementation progress; as-needed problem solving; and delivering presentations on the project to a variety of actors.
- Manage resources supporting assigned projects to foster collaboration of technical and program management experts
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed, including regularly traveling to the field to support project initiatives and backfill project leadership, as necessary.
- Monitor consultant and subcontractor performance.
- In conjunction with the contract’s representative, take accountability for project processes including contractual quality assurance and compliance.
- Ensure that technical work plans are executed.
- Work with Senior Program Manager to ensure project financial management and compliance, including overseeing accruals, pipelines, and cost-to-complete reports prepared for both DT Global and clients.
- Monitor project budgets, approves budget modifications, and ensure budgets are correct.
- Support PMU’s efforts to ensure financial goals are met.
- Conduct short-term field-based assignments based on project need, inclusive of, but not limited to: recruits, operational start-up/close-out, operations team coverage, grants start-up/close-out, grants implementation, grants compliance, project leadership roles.
- Support business development efforts from capture phase through live solicitation, which includes participating in pipeline discussions to determine bids to pursue.
- Support proposal development, including technical approach, staffing, and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development.
- Participate in scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals and guide staff and consultants supporting research efforts.
Leadership and Staff Management
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Set objectives and tasks for direct reports that provide growth and development
- Evaluate individual performance based on fair criteria, provide regular and timely feedback to employees, acknowledging success and areas of improvement.
- Explain systems and procedures relating to the job to others, including new colleagues.
- Provide training and ensure new staff are properly prepared for the job they were hired to do.
- Set an example as a leader by holding yourself and others accountable, communicating professionally, being a team player, supporting the development of junior staff, and embodying DT Global’s values daily.
Learning and Innovation
- Proactively engage in self-driven professional development and growth activities.
- Contribute to DT Global’s learning agenda; and,
- Proactively incorporate learning best practices into all aspects of work.
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or a relevant combination of education and work experience required.
- A minimum of 4-7 years direct USAID project management and support experience, with a minimum of two years of experience working on USAID/OTI programs responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives. Applications without the required USAID/OTI experience will not be considered
- Substantial experience in managing international donor projects and extensive knowledge of donor regulations and policies (including AIDAR and FAR), especially as they relate to contracting and procurement.
- Solid background in managing programs, including complicated budgets.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to serve as in-country program manager in the event of a vacancy or absence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Long-term field experience working outside the US, particularly in developing countries, required.
- Knowledge of U.S. foreign policy in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and/or other relevant regions, or,
- Ability to travel and work overseas on short term technical assignments up, at times with very short notice.
- Fluency in English.
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, political science, governance, business, or a related field
- Experience living and/or working abroad
- 2 years staff management experience
- Experience with project start-ups and/or closedowns preferred
- Experience working with multiple donor countries preferred
- Fluency in French or Arabic