Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The Embassy’s mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of its homecountry and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers, through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
The Embassy’s role is to deepen bilateral political relations between its homecountry and Kenya; serve the needs of its citizens; strengthen trade, tourism and investment between our countries and support Kenya’s socio-economic development through a targeted development cooperation and trade programme.
The Governance and Communications Officer will work as part of the Embassy team across the political, development and trade portfolios to:
- deliver informed and insightful political analysis and reporting;
- contribute to the oversight of our governance and policy work;
- develop strategic and engaging communications content.
The successful candidate will:
- Undertake political analysis, reporting and media monitoring across the countries of Embassy accreditation and build robust networks within the Government, media and civil society to deliver trusted tracking of political issues that support overall Embassy engagement (including United Nations Security Council, mission strategy planning and annual business planning).
- Provide technical analysis and support to the Embassy’s inclusive governance/gender portfolio including grant oversight of partnerships. This will include regular liaison with implementing partners to review budgets and work plans and ensure compliance with grant management standards.
- Create strategic and engaging communications content, including case studies, press releases, speeches, social media posts, and website material to promote the Embassy’s work and ensure robust reporting.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the next mission strategy.
This role will report directly to the Deputy Head of Mission. The position will engage regularly with the Ambassador and Second Secretary, work closely with other staff at the Embassy to ensure a whole Embassy approach, and actively engage with stakeholders across the Department as well as the countries of accreditation.
Essential requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Candidates must have a post-graduate qualification in international relations, communications and/or related field.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five years relevant experience as a governance/political analyst in Kenya (and/or the Horn of Africa) at a national or regional level providing advice and briefing to senior management.
- Candidates must have at least three years of experience working on communications with a proven ability to produce high quality written material and the ability to write in an easily understood style and format for a range of audiences (examples may be requested).
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent written and spoken English. Applicants may be contacted in advance to establish language proficiency and a short written language test may be required.
- Candidates must be able to proactively work with internal and external stakeholders building and sustaining impactful networks and relationships, in particular with media outlets/journalists, civil society and other policy analysts.
- Demonstrable capacity to work in complex environments delivering results at pace and under pressure and taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience in programme development and management (including budgets).
- Strong relationships/networks with key national, regional and, ideally, international networks.
- Resourceful and results-orientated, candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to problem-solve working both independently and as a team member.
- High degree of integrity and trust.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint and social media platforms; additional IT applications would be beneficial (e.g. working with datasets).
- Candidates must be able to travel regularly in Kenya and, potentially internationally, up to 30 days/year.
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Kenya prior to recruitment.
Desirable competencies candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Experience with Thinking and Working Politically (TWP).
- Practical knowledge of programme cycle management including monitoring, evaluation and learning.
You must be logged in to post a comment.