Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
CONTEXT OF POST
MSF OCBA is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency and quality of data. We have selected solutions for medical data available to the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters, to support decision-making and improve the quality of the field operations.
To this end, Health Management Information System (HMIS), adapted from the District Health Information Software (DHIS2), was developed, and deployed in 2015. Since then, the system has evolved enormously and with it, its uptake and use. Throughout this time the eHealth team has developed numerous courses and training materials that have grown as new components have been added to the system. Regular changes in software versions, expansion of the system into new areas and interoperability with other tools, as well as high staff turnover, pose numerous challenges for the course materials to keep pace with this ever-changing environment.
The current position has been created with the objective of providing users with the opportunity to take full advantage of HMIS and other data management tools, through updating existing training materials as well as organising and making relevant information readily available.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATIONAL CHART
The eHealth Medical Officer-Training and Knowledge management will work within the Medical Department, and s/he will be hierarchically accountable to the eHealth Epidemiology Advisor. She/he will also work closely with:
- The eHealth team at both Medical Department and Apps4Ops Unit for the optimisation of existing courses as well as the development of joint platforms for the dissemination of eHealth related information.
- The P&IT Learning Referent, Medical Department Learning and Development Referent and Knowledge Management PM for the optimization and deployment of training material related to eHealth Information Systems including data analysis, monitoring, global reporting, and data use.
- Focal Points in the missions and projects, and other staff in operations and the medical department to assess HMIS and data management training needs, and eventually, support the process of data collection for reporting and analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Assess the training needs related to Health Information Systems in collaboration with the eHealth Medical Officers, and following the needs identified by Operations and Medical Departments.
- Assist in the definition of the Field support Plan by ensuring that is relevant and aligned with the Team goals and strategies.
- Participates in the optimization, implementation, and evaluation of the different systems’ trainings.
- Update the current HMIS trainings in TEMBO and optimize their dissemination and uptake.
- Help define and kick off other small adoption strategies.
- Assist in outlining the Support Knowledge Management (KM) Plan by ensuring that is relevant and aligned with the Team goals and strategies as well as with the KM approach currently being defined in the medical department.
- Identify and document existing knowledge from various sources, such SharePoint, Teams, emails, or Medical Field Kit.
- Structure and categorize this knowledge in a way that makes it easily accessible and understandable for users at field and HQ levels.
- Propose utilization of appropriate tools and systems to store knowledge in a secure and searchable manner.
Provision of guidance regarding health information systems
- Support or directly provide methodology and/or help in the adequate use of the data collection systems to monitor / document programs when required.
- Assist the field teams/cell in the monitoring of health programs, support on creation/maintenance of medical and operational dashboards and/or other relevant data visualization and reporting tools.
Education and experience
- University Degree in Social Science, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, or related field.
- Proven experience in Instructional Design (e.g., e-learning design, multimedia development) or related field.
- Advanced digital competences in Managing data, Information and Digital content, and developing digital content following the EU digital competences framework.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 environment and applications is an asset.
- Experience with Health Information Systems or an ability to demonstrate a good understanding/respect for data systems/reporting.
- Knowledge of DHIS2 software is an asset.
- Field experience in NGO Health sector, preferably with MSF.
- Experience in the facilitation of trainings. Experience in training of trainers desirable.
- Languages: Fluent English and French necessary. Spanish desirable. Arabic or Portuguese advantageous.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles.
- Cross-cultural Awareness.
- Behavioural Flexibility.
- Stress Management.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Results and Quality Orientation.
- Service Orientation.
- Planning and organising.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Post based in any MSF OCBA Hub.
- Full-time job.
- Limited position for 5 months.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-3A (divided in 5 monthly payments) plus secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Duration: 5 months.
Closing date: October 1st, 2023, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).