Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
What we are looking for:
The Emergency Response Manager (ERM) will oversee the overall Kenya country emergency response programme in relation to displacement-related, climate-induced/natural and other emergencies. The ERM will lead the coordination, quality response, project management, and reporting of activities under NRC’s emergency programmes. The ERM will support and provide technical supervision of emergency response through partnerships and mainstreamed within current programmes in deteriorating drought-affected areas in Kenya. The ERM will be responsible for programme design, lessons sharing, assessment, coordination, leadership and overseeing emergency responses, with and through in-country local actors in collaboration with partner organisation programme leads, Area Programme Managers, Head of Programmes, Regional Office technical teams and relevant programme and support departments, including safety and security. The ERM will lead NRC’s positioning and representation, spearhead cash and market-based emergency responses, provide NRC’s technical expertise, facilitate harmonisation of approaches and methodologies across programmes with partners.
What you will do:
Key objectives for this role include:
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)/guidelines where necessary.
- Overall oversight, strategic development, and operational management of emergency preparedness, mitigation, and response interventions across the Country Office.
- Ensuring that emergency responses are delivered in collaboration with and through local and national organisations;
- Regular monitoring of programmes implemented with local actors.
- Collate and share regular and up to date data on based on a context analysis, needs assessments, early warning signs, risk monitoring, trigger indicators, and minimum preparedness actions to inform assessment and response design as well as implementation plan.
Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Responsible for an up to date EPP, reviewing of minimum preparedness actions on a regular basis in consultation with the Head of Programmes, Area Programme Managers, and relevant core competency staff as well as the partners.
- Overall responsibility for effective and efficient coordination of the emergency preparedness and response projects consistent with the project management cycle (including reporting to the desired quality and standard);
- Ensure appropriate Financial and Logistical NRC systems/ procedures are adhered to within the Emergency Response programming.
Logistics, Finance, and Human Resource Management:
Coordination and Representation:
- Liaise and coordinate with UN and I/NGO partners, local authorities, local partners and beneficiaries in planning and response to emergencies, preparedness, and contextual understanding of areas of operations.
What you will bring
Generic professional competencies:
- Degree in International relations, Political or Social Sciences, or any other relevant field
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in programme development, management, and fundraising in the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge and skills in cash-based programming and market analysis
- Emergency Response expertise
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal development and working with multiple donors
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience working with/ in consortium start-ups and/or management.
- Experience working in Emergency responses.
- Experience in needs assessment, project monitoring and evaluation, and programme development.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Ability to use Logical Framework Approach as a tool in project/program design and follow-up.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of key donors and partners is an asset, mainly NMFA, SIDA, EU (ECHO), and the UN Donors.
- Past experience on working with local partners & localization is an asset.