Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Will be responsible to mix drinks and control the beverage stock as per guidelines, have full knowledge of the beverage menus being offered at the banquet and mostly follow procedures and service standards.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To assume responsibility for the smooth running of the Bar, ensuring the complete set up of the bar before and breakdown after service.
- To focus on guest satisfaction and engage and interact with guests.
- To have good working knowledge of all items, including wines, Champagnes, cocktails, beverages and bar food in the Bar and to be able to make appropriate recommendations.
- To have full responsibility for the correct input of all information into the Micros system ensuring that all special requests are clearly communicated to the relevant parties.
- To ensure that drinks served to guests are recorded correctly, with the name of the reservation used on the check.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of all beverage and food to the guest ensuring that all guests’ needs are catered for at all times.
- Responsible for the upkeep of standards of service at all times including all items used during service.
- To have the ability to handle all payment methods correctly. All cash collected during service to be handed to the appropriate person at the end of the shift.
- To comply with Health and Safety legislation, reporting any accidents and acting responsibly in cases of emergency, attending the appropriate fire safety or hygiene training courses when necessary.
- To participate in training programmes, attend service meetings and to be open and receptive in embracing and implementing new concepts.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fairmont Standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag while working.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Complete all sidework and cleaning duties as described in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Have full knowledge of entire menu, as well as daily specials, desserts, etc.
- Provide attentive service, focusing on guests needs.
- Receive payment for food and beverage provided and provide change and receipt to guests.
- Keep an accurate record of all checks and balances to be presented in a daily report including cash deposits.
- Make coffee, espresso and tea.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 1 year experience in Food and Beverage preferably at a luxury property
- An operational knowledge and proficiency in Point of Sale System an asset
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good wine knowledge helpful as well as liquors.
- Strong guest service orientation
- Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing guest service.