Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance significantly lowers the cost and increases the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our digital products provide both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via a robust API solution while our Web-Based platform provides over the counter B2B services to organisations with wholesale currency needs. Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban, Johannesburg, and Dakar.
The AZA Finance internship program is a year-long professional learning experience that offers meaningful and real world exposure to students, especially 3rd year university students taking a gap year, final year students and newly qualified graduates in their field of study or career interest. This is an opportunity for students and fresh graduates to gain hands-on experience in the fintech industry
As an Engineering intern you’ll learn how we solve technical problems to support the company’s growth in an incredibly competitive global market.
Our Engineering department is at the core of our business introducing new features to our ever-expanding business. You will be required to work with the Product department developing new features into the codebase and help testing of your own and other’s work. You will also help out the Product department investigating new requirements coming from the other parts of the business, including Trading, Engineering, Revenue, Compliance, Finance, Operations and more.
During the programme, you’ll work on live projects that encompass multiple different aspects of development from planning to implementation, through testing and deployment all the way to monitoring and making sure the codebase and your new features are working as expected. You will help identify and resolve issues, automate existing manual processes, or integrate external partners into our technical infrastructure.
This is a full-time position within our ENGINEERING department, however as part of your training you will benefit from our Rotational Development Program, where you will spend some time learning from leaders in other departments of the company.
This position is open to candidates in London, Nairobi.
Our internship program offers:
- On-the-job training.
- Opportunities to identify transferable skills.
- Confidence building.
- The assignment of challenging projects and tasks.
- Projects that complement academic programs and/or career interests.
- Broad exposure to the organization.
- Adequate, reliable, and regular supervision and mentoring.
- The opportunity to establish a professional network.
- Industry relevance.
- Real life experience.
- Work in an agile Engineering team following SCRUM principles
- Actively attend the relevant SCRUM meetings including standups, sprint plannings, retrospectives and grooming sessions.
- Write new code, and fix existing code in the codebase based on the requirements set up during sprint planning.
- Help out with the testing and deployment of your own and other’s code.
- Candidates who have either graduated in the last year, are enrolled in a relevant area of study or currently on track to graduate in 2025 are eligible.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Working knowledge of at least one web-development framework, preferably Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of at least one relational database, preferably PostgreSQL
- Enrollment in a relevant area of study relating to Software Engineering.
- You must be Interested in developing a broad range of technical skills, from working with and analysing data to understanding and writing code.
- You must be interested in learning the ruby programming language and the Ruby on Rails web-development framework
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing Fintech Company.
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment.
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays – in compliance with your local labour laws, plus an extra day off for birthdays and days off for Christmas/New Year break.
- Company funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction.
- Mentorship & buddy program.
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks & drinks.
- Team building and happy hours events.
- Employee mental health support.
- Employee referral program.