This job has been expired
Equity Bank Kenya
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- The Equity Group Foundation was established in 2008 in recognition of the need to scale up the existing corporate social. responsibility (CSR) initiatives of the Equity Bank Group. The Foundation acts as the institutional home for the Group’s social initiatives and interventions. The Foundation’s aim is to catalyze the socioeconomic prosperity of the people of Africa by giving opportunity to the millions at the bottom of the pyramid to be incorporated into the modern economy. This is by leveraging on the Equity Bank Group’s infrastructure. The Foundation recognizes the diverse nature of the socio-economic needs of the people of Africa and has identified six programme areas on which it lays its emphasis. These are: Education and leadership Development, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, HeaI.th, In novation and Environmental Sustainability. These programme areas support the Foundation in realizing its vision and mission.
- The Foundation is currently seeking to recruit a talented, innovative and results oriented individual, to fill the following position in the Food and Agriculture Pillar: –
Assistant Manager – Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning
- This is an assistant management role within the Equity Group Foundation with the candidate working with the General Manager Food and Agriculture but under the supervision of the General Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning [MERL]. The candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the MERL strategy and delivering high standards of monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting requirements and program results across the portfolio. He/she will ensure full compliance with donor requirements, assist the program team in design of new programs, development of result frameworks and plans and facilitating capacity building initiatives for both internal staff and external stakeholders when required. He/She will be responsible for weekly reports to the regional teams.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor and facilitate program progress measurement, reporting and tracking compliance with donor requirements and internal program quality systems.
- Weekly reporting on various data indicators for the different regions as defined by Food and Agriculture Pillar
- Conduct simple and complex data analysis processes and reporting for all relevant purposes for the preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports for partners and board reports.
- Take lead in drafting, consolidation, and submission of program reports to program partners, Equity Group Board and the contribute to the preparation of the annual impact report.
- Contribute towards improvement in result-based reporting and quality of reports to donors/partners and internal reporting structures.
- Prepare technical briefs and special papers on key thematic areas of focus and strategic program achievements
- Facilitate the implementation of the MERL plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
- Coordinate and participate in regular field monitoring and validation visits and submit field visit reports.
- Periodically review and advise on the development of tailor-made MERL tools.
- Take charge of data quality management for the programme and ensure integration of data quality standards in reporting of programme achievements.
- Undertake periodic data quality checks
- Supervise the management of the EGF Data Management and Information System to facilitate effective access to data/information and efficient managerial decision making.
- Supervise and assist with the development of an all-inclusive Food and Agriculture Digital platform with training content, e commerce, weather information, etc
Design and Planning:
- Develop and facilitate the review of the programme Theory of Change, MERL frameworks and tools including the specific program MERL plans, log frames, performance monitoring plans and indicator reference sheets.
- Provide technical input in the development of compelling grant proposals and concepts with strong and well-articulated MERL sections.
- With support from the General Manager and other MERL Managers, develop and test systems and processes to respond to the demands of adaptive programming.
- Support the integration of successful approaches in routine MERL practices.
- Organize and facilitate training on the application of result-based monitoring and evaluation in program design, management, and reporting.
- Prepare MERL activity concepts, annual works plans and budgets.
- Develop and implement cost-effective and real time data collection systems and tools including but not limited to the use of mobile devices and digital survey tools.
- Serve as a key liaison person with EGF program team, finance, operations, procurement, and management teams in MERL related matters.
- Developed a close working relationship with external partners including donors, Government, private sector and Non-Governmental organizations in MERL practice and collaborations.
- Proactively work with the MERL team and key stakeholders to resolve and/or disseminate key risks, issues and best practices identified through the programme monitoring work.
Evaluation and Learning:
- With the assistance of General Manager, take lead in conducting internal evaluations, assessments, tracer studies and other relevant special studies on periodic basis.
- Facilitate quarterly program reviews against the set KPIs and draft program review reports to EGF management and partners.
- Developing terms of reference(s), scope of works, selection, and supervision of external service providers/consultants.
- With the assistance of General Manager, coordinate external program evaluations and assessments and ensure learning is understood and disseminated to all the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Identification and documentation of result-oriented case studies, success stories and other qualitative progress reporting methods periodically.
- Represent the MERL department and the foundation whenever called upon in external meeting and forums with stakeholders.
- Regularly review and improve the MERL system by seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultations with MERL practitioners in other organizations.
- Lead the program team in periodic program reviews
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- In collaboration with the other MERL staff, plan and conduct internal program quality assessments including periodic data quality assessments.
Desired Academic Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in either monitoring and evaluation, social statistics, project planning and management, development studies or related course. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certifications and training in monitoring and evaluation and project cycle management.
- Practical knowledge of using data analysis softwares such as; Advanced Excel, SPSS, Python, STATA and NVivo.
- Experience in managing or developing digital platforms or relational databases
- Demonstrate understanding of monitoring and evaluation for donor funded programmes and especially in the Food and Agriculture sector.
- Over 5 years progressive experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Hands on experience in setting MERL systems and frameworks
- Familiarity with new trends in the MERL field preferably in the development sector.
- Experience in conducting program evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation and successfully drafting MERL technical reports.
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity and ethical standards.
- Proactive and works under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Attentive to details.
- Possess and demonstrate leadership skills
You must be logged in to post a comment.