Equity Bank Kenya
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
- Portfolio Analyst will play a key role in the success of the Group’s management of problem accounts with a specific focus on exposures above $ 500,000 (USD Five hundred thousand only).
- Portfolio Analyst will support in ensuring that all the management portfolio information relating to the high-risk portfolio is well managed to mitigate against potential provisions and achieve write backs on where provisions have been booked in the Banks’ books.
- Portfolio Analyst shall be responsible for monitoring the department’s loan portfolio and ensuring data, reports compliance with the team’s objectives and to respond to all routine and ad hoc information requests.
- Be a member of the Group Special Asset Management team with responsibility for supporting the department in the delivery of turnaround strategies to a portfolio of predominantly corporate customers experiencing financial stress and recovery action.
- Reporting to the Group Director, Legal, the jobholder is responsible for assimilation of all portfolio data across all relevant business units.
- Responsible for identifying and executing on continuous improvement opportunities, reporting, and updating the knowledge management system.
- Oversee and conducts the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. Works directly with stakeholders within the assigned departments.
- The MI/BI Analyst will have to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize tasks, and remain functional under aggressive timelines. Skilled in programming (data query).
- Stakeholder, data warehousing and reporting engagements which translates stakeholder information needs to data sourcing and display/communication.
- Optimize suboptimal existing reporting processes.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Jobholder will primarily be responsible for the Group Special Assets (Kenya & Subsidiaries) departments Management Information.
- Portfolio Analyst to develop and report financial and other performance measures (metrics) required by the Group Special Asset Team Function e.g., the weekly, the Monthly Business review Pack, Board papers, Country Management Pack etc.
- To monitor actual performance against target and to Analyse variances and make presentations.
- To produce reports that enable the identification options for improved financial performance and cost reduction for the portfolio.
- To support the team – in the production and review of all reports and collation of all data from different business units.
- To provide an updated weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecast of performance against budget.
- To review the financial business case for all investment projects undertaken by your business and to monitor benefits by gathering data and calculating costs, benefits, and post implementation review.
- To provide support and analysis on a range of technical issues in connection with the Financial and Management Accounts e.g., variance/trend analysis (actuals v budget) makeup of specific product lines etc.
- Undertake key elements of strategic management activity, involving the identification of how value is created, destroyed, and driven in the function.
- To support the business in Medium Term Planning/Short Term Planning processes.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of modelling and commercial drivers underpinning financials.
- Build and maintain solid relations with senior managers and acts as the key interface between the group special asset management team function and all other relevant subsidiary teams.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Complete special projects when assigned.
- Ensure that all required management information on the portfolio is accurate and submitted in a timely manner
- Meet the department’s learning e-learning and training goals.
- Participate in the department’s team building activities.
- Maintain the integrity of the MI Process with detailed review and data cleansing to ensure all data and reports in the portfolio are accurate, current, complete and consistent.
- Review processes, suggest and implement improvements and solutions
- Ensure reports are completed within the specified requirements and the agreed SLAs and ensuring the requestor understands any limitations.
- Prioritization of regular and ad hoc reporting to satisfy all the stakeholders.
- Provide cover for other members of the team when required
Key Critical Competencies:
- Excellent analytical, numerical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong planning, coordination, and time management skills
- Proficiency in use of internal IT systems.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an analyst in the corporate segment or equivalent is required.
- Ability to manage deals simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of overall banking operations, systems, and processes.
- Experience of working under pressure and with very little supervision
- Excellent Data manipulation skills in Advanced Excel, power point and other spreadsheet/database applications with presentation brilliance of complex multi-dimensional data and excellent use of data science intelligence and analytics tools and software’s
- A self-motivated, logical and organised approach
- A flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- To be a reliable team worker with the ability to work on own initiative where required
- Understanding of the constraints of using sensitive and confidential data
- Understanding of basic data warehousing concepts (Querying, table relationships etc.)
- Analytical tools e.g SAS, SQL, CA, Workload Automation (WADE), Power BI etc.
- Systematic Reasoning
- Analytical thinking
- Interpretation of analytical results and translating them into management information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Commerce, and Management Studies and/or Computer Sciences, Information Management and/or BMI.
Academic Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience in working in banking environment will be an added advantage
- Business Degree in Business, Commerce and Management Studies and or Computer Science, Information Management and or BMI or equivalent NQF level 7 or higher qualification.
- At least five (5+) years analytics, modelling, or software development experience.
- Understanding of and experience of applying machine-learning methods preferable.
- Understanding and experience of using Big Data technologies preferable.
- Experience in building analytical tools to generate insight, recognize patterns and predict behaviour ad to delivery content direct to users of data products.
- Work with technical teams, architects, designers and administrators to overcome technical challenges and to make it happen.
- Experience in leading key initiatives to deliver results through agile methodology.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the internet
You must be logged in to post a comment.