Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
- Supporting the development and interpretation of policies consistent with employment legislation and Labour Laws.
- Analyze data and use to create insightful reports identifying process improvement opportunities and track key performance indicators of the department
- Dealing with employee matters, such as conduct at work matters, disciplinary cases, grievances, and appeals
- Supporting the organization through the change management activities in organizational re-alignments e.g., structures and key change initiatives
- Ensuring engagement is maintained and managers act in a way that involves their staff Managing the relationship between the organization and unions or employee bodies
- Dealing with disputes appropriately (for example, mediation or tribunal cases) Supporting to ensure that managers are upskilled to deal with people in a fair and effective manner
- Overseeing all People practices to ensure they are legally compliant and espouse the company values and culture.
- Attends forums and meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between parties.
- Supporting the regular update of the HR Manual and alignment to the employment Act and Labour Laws Recording performance and disciplinary issues working with HRBPs and Line Managers.
- Participating in disciplinary hearings as part of the disciplinary panel and document the proceedings
- Consult and advise management to ensure compliance with legal and administrative requirements of the disciplinary process.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the fields of either social sciences, business or law
- At least 6 years’ experience in HR, 3 of which should have been in a management capacity in a similar sized organization.
- Proven track record of consistently supporting the achievement of an organization’s people strategy, with a market reputation of being a trusted advisor on matters pertaining to HR.
- Sound knowledgeable in Labor & Employment laws as well as HR regulatory guidelines.
- Professional qualifications in HRM
- In-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of all labour regulations and practices
Employee Experience & Culture
- Manage the planning and execution of employee-centered events in conjunction with the leadership teams, staff and in consultation with the other HR teams
- Support in developing and engaging communication with employees on staff welfare, employee engagement initiatives and creating awareness on topical issues, policies on employee relations
- Support departments in the set-up of offsite retreats/activities that increase employee engagement and/or productivity including team building
- Collate the information from exit interviews for employees and provide feedback regarding trends revealed in exit interviews and proposed interventions. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Support the Head of ER in implementing an Employee Relations and Wellness strategy to drive a uniform and overall great employee experience.