Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The IRC’s Airbel Impact Lab designs, tests, and scales life-changing, cost-effective solutions for people affected by conflict and disaster. By applying deep technical expertise and field experience with a range of skills from the behavioral sciences, human-centered design, research, and multi-disciplinary problem-solving in humanitarian contexts, we work to develop breakthrough solutions that combine creativity and precision, flexibility and expertise, and a desire to think afresh with the experience and reputation of a large-scale implementing organization.
Airbel is the lead organization for several large projects funded through FCDO Commercial Contracts. The Contracts Finance Manager will join the Airbel team to help us deliver high-quality financial and subcontract management across these complex awards. In this role you will work closely with project teams and partners to provide high-quality financial analysis, support budget realignments, forecasting and tracking, ensure timely and accurate reporting, maintain contract records, and coordinate with subcontractors for budget delivery and financial compliance with FCDO contract requirements.
- Reviewing subcontract partners’ monthly financial reports and supporting documents, ensuring they are complete, accurate and produced in a timely manner for consolidation and submission.
- Provide recommendations for payment, questioning and disallowing expense claims in line with FCDO cost eligibility guidelines.
- Ensuring financial reports are produced in compliance with FCDO and IRC exchange rate policies, including keeping track of expenditure in the various currencies.
- Share feedback on questioned costs with partners and follow up to ensure that recommendations are implemented. Maintain an action tracker for remediation of findings and questioned costs, and gaps and resources required to address these.
- Actively track expenditure versus project budget, prepare monthly Budget vs Actuals (BVA) reports highlighting variances and resource allocation needs to Project leads, and flagging any arising issues as relevant.
- Ensuring that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions and keep ledgers for Fixed Assets, Risk Register, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts and Disbursements, and are following the agreed systems for Level of Effort reporting and procurements.
- Submitting payment requests to IRC Finance and processing fund transfers to partners. Maintain a register to show the advance funds to partners, the liquidation patterns, and the balances at any time.
- Work closely with Project Leads and IRC Country Program counterparts to ensure effective and timely budget monitoring, payments, booking of expenses and accurate financial reporting.
- Ensuring internal accounting documents are produced accurately and on a timely basis.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree International Affairs, Public Administration, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Commerce, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2-3 years of related work experience, preferably for an International Non-Governmental Organization managing FCDO grants and contracts.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex grants and projects throughout implementation, including financial compliance and reporting processes.
- Excellent budget and financial management skills, including experience tracking expenses, developing spending plans and forecasts, and high proficiency in Excel.
- Experience working on FCDO grants or contracts preferred, with good working knowledge of FCDO Terms & Conditions.
- Experience working with subcontractors and partners, including partner financial monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to successfully and effectively liaise with a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and work on a virtual team
- The ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment – pro-activity and initiative to problem solve within the job parameters is critical; strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Standard office working environment or remote work.
- Some international travel may be required for partner capacity support visits.