Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The USAID/Somalia Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative (ELMI) project operates under an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract for the provision of Monitoring, Verification, and Reporting (MV&R) activities. Through Task Order 2 under the IDIQ, Social Impact will serve as a third-party evaluator to conduct performance evaluations of USAID implementing partners and their activities and implement a portfolio monitoring system for the Mission’s Development Objective (DO) 1 on countering violent extremism (CVE) in Somalia. The period of performance for ELMI Task Order 2 is expected to be four years.
SI is seeking a full-time Evaluation Lead who will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of evaluations and the portfolio monitoring system under USAID/Somalia as well as any requested assessments, surveys, or special study. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The Evaluation Lead will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the four-year period of performance. Furthermore, the position will report to ELMI’s Chief of Party (COP) and work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Monitoring Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor, and SI’s headquarters’ technical and program management support staff.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Kenyan and Somali citizens will be eligible to apply.**
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Work with USAID and ELMI leadership to establish which evaluation questions and key outcome of interest for the portfolio monitoring system will be addressed.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluation reports and any assessments, population-based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology, field work plans, and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Conduct security assessments as necessary in coordination with field staff and SI’s partners to detail risks associated with the site visits and considerations to note during site visit planning and logistics.
- Work with evaluation teams to ensure adequate site visit planning, including logistics, security, and approvals. This will include finalizing the logistics for travel to the field locations for data collection, including security assessments and final logistical arrangements with field teams and IPs.
- Manage evaluation and assessment workplans, timelines, budgets, and consultant teams to ensure timely and quality deliverables.
- Provide quality assurance on evaluations and the portfolio monitoring system by ensuring respondent consent, daily check-ins and flash reports with field teams, and working with staff to have them follow data quality control guidelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance on the overall evaluation effort within USAID/Somalia in conjunction with the DCOP and MEL Advisor.
- Provide oversight to evaluation teams as they engage in qualitative and quantitative analysis and conduct quarterly data analysis for the portfolio monitoring system.
- Work with COP, DCOP, and MEL Advisor, ensuring that evaluation and portfolio monitoring system information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in country.
- Lead communications with and engage USAID, government partners, implementers, and stakeholders for collaborative inputs in the design, implementation, and utilizing research findings and recommendations and seeking feedback and approvals when required.
- Provide capacity building to USAID staff and other stakeholders on USAID evaluation policy guidelines and evaluation processes.
- Provide support, leadership, and technical expertise to overall management of the project to ensure that the project meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of eight years professional work experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations, analyses, and assessments.
- Proven skills in evaluation design, methods, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, among others.
- Extensive experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Experience providing groups of various sizes and one-on-one training and mentoring on evaluation-related subjects.
- Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Proven experience and ability to manage evaluation teams.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Somalia is highly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability ,or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Deadline closes 30th October 2023