About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global non-profit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by , , and
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our
has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes.
provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our
builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in
which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
Intern, Africa Regional Planning & Coordination
As an Intern, Regional Planning and Coordination, you will assist the Regional Planning and Coordination team in the execution of regional priorities and initiatives as well as any other responsibilities assigned to you by your Supervisor. This will provide you the opportunity to learn, work in a cross-functional team, and be mentored throughout the period.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and prepare meeting notes in due time.
- Miscellaneous admin duties and support the regional team.
- Assist in preparing presentations and report documents.
- Support on any other tasks as assigned.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a multicultural environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for impressive presentations and effective report writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven attention to detail: the ability to track and process multiple details simultaneously and accurately.
- Solid writing, editing, and visual skills: the ability to draft and edit professional documents and correspondence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google suites.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to motivate project teams.
- A recent graduate (within three years) in Development Studies, Business Administration, Project Management, Strategic Management, or any other related field.
- Primary work hours and location must include business hours (9:00 am-5:00 pm), Monday to Friday, in Evidence Action’s Nairobi, Kenya office.
- Off-hour work may be required as necessary for overseeing/completing planned maintenance, participating in international conference calls across time-zones, or responding to technical emergency response.