About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global non-profit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation. Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us
As an Officer / Associate, Regional Planning and Coordination, you will support the Regional Planning and Coordination team in execution of regional strategic initiatives. The key role of this position will be in supporting regional planning and performance tracking. The successful candidate will also play a key role in ensuring timely delivery of project milestones and preparation of associated reports.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all contributors are on track with their roles, project requirements, deadlines and schedules.
- Monitoring project work plans in collaboration with project teams.
- Miscellaneous admin duties and support the business team.
- Preparing presentations and report document (s) as assigned.
Work Experience and Skills:
- Experience working with teams across different geographies is highly desired (but not required).
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment and to influence people without direct authority.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills for impressive presentations and effective report writing.
- Good time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Experience seeing projects through their full cycle.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to motivate project teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration, Project Management, Strategic Management, or any other related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience working in management consulting and or international development agencies is highly desired (but not required).
- Primary work hours and location must include business hours (9:00 am-5:00 pm), Monday to Friday, in Evidence Action’s Nairobi, Kenya office.
- Off-hour work may be required as necessary for overseeing/completing planned maintenance, participating in international conference calls across time-zones, or responding to technical emergency response.
- This role includes 20-30% travel.