Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
To lead the day-to-day execution of Evidence Action’s multi-country carbon program, and to support the building of strategic partnerships, within and without the climate change sector, to expand the impact of dispensers beyond Evidence Action’s implementation
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the carbon asset development in collaboration with our external partners, in countries implementing Safe Water programs.
- Collaborate with our program and monitoring and evaluation teams to execute the appropriate monitoring protocols and execute the program in a way optimized for carbon financing.
- Manage the annual carbon program implementation budget.
- Line manages the carbon financing team.
- Working with 3rd party technical contractor, interpret carbon methodologies and proactively communicate the same to internal stakeholders.
- Work with 3rd party technical contractor to lead the implementation of procedures required for the verification of country carbon clusters.
- Ensure that we provide timely and high-quality data to 3rd party technical contractor(s).
- Support with providing cost and revenue projections related to Safe Water carbon assets.
- Proactively identify, assess and communicate internally any risks with regard to carbon processes.
- Provide the context of carbon finance to evolving Safe Water operations.
- Manage the records and administration of payments for carbon assets issued for Safe Water activities.
- Advise Evidence Action leadership on evolving climate policy trends, challenges and opportunities in the carbon and climate finance landscape.
- Lead Evidence Action in the development of a strategy for new carbon programs and in its implementation.
- Support 3rd party technical contractor and Evidence Action in the development and agreement of new Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements for Safe Water carbon assets.
- Represent Evidence Action in regional and international fora for engagement and decision making on carbon markets, climate finance and climate change in general.
Partnerships and fundraising Support:
- Contribute to Safe Water partnership, fundraising, and donor reporting efforts, primarily by providing technical advice and content on carbon asset development, lessons learnt, and/or carbon milestones achieved.
Professional Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong Management skill.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Should be an effective communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Adept project manager to keep a large number of stakeholders engaged and on target.
- Experience developing projects and programs for the carbon markets.
- Experience working in the water sector desirable.
- Work experience in managing a cross-cultural team in East Africa.
- Experience building robust partnerships with governments and NGO’s.
- Experience influencing relevant stakeholders and working through others in a matrixed organizational environment.
- A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Inspired by our mission of cost-effectively bringing safe water to millions of people.
- A strong commitment to evidence-based practice and policy in the development field.
- An entrepreneurial spirit — the ability to lead in a fast-moving start-up environment.
- Willingness to spend 50% of the time in the field in rural East Africa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.