Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. The standards and values you model as Executive Housekeeper will inspire your team – not only to ensure exceptional guest rooms, public areas and heart of the house areas, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Cluster General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the administration and management of the Housekeeping operation
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service through the application of all Rooms Division policies and procedures
- Conduct regular inspections of guestrooms
- Effectively managing colleague relations within the department through involvement in performance appraisals, recognition, incentive programs and communication meetings
- Responsible to train supervisors and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer
- Handle guest complaints and follow through on required actions
- Involvement in special projects associated within the housekeeping scope of responsibilities
- Ensure lost and found procedures are followed through accurately and consistently
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Engineering and Front Office departments
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety are achieved in the Housekeeping and Laundry department and throughout the hotel
- To check manning levels and ensure the department is adequately staffed at all times.
- To ensure agreed productivity level and wise use of overtime when required
- To evaluate and action disciplinary actions where necessary
- To supervise that all records and files are kept orderly and up-to-date
- To assist in preparation of budget and objectives
- Lead and manage all aspects of the laundry valet operation, ensuring service standards are followed
- To make sure all keys handled by Housekeeping staff are kept safely and records are complete
- To maintain and check agreed grooming of Housekeeping staff regularly
- To make sure linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies and stocks are kept to agreed level
- To make sure all equipment used is kept in good order and condition
- Ensure a progressive environment is created and maintained that affords colleagues the opportunities for job fulfillment within Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Maximize hotel profitability by properly managing expenses, labour and other material resources
- To be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Manages expenses, labour and other resources
- Participates in regular inventories and analysis of losses
- To manage the recruitment of colleagues, scheduling and planning of departmental schedules, departmental orientation colleagues and training schedules
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast passed and constantly changing environment.
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with hours, days of assignment and additional duties.
- Act as liaison for all external contractors, auditing their services regularly and ensuring their standards meet Fairmont standards
- Initiates and controls any special cleaning schedules needed in guestrooms and Public Areas
- Attends and conducts regular Housekeeping and Laundry communication information
- In the event of emergency, to assist in the evacuation of staff/Guest and any files where applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) essential
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/management capacity in a hotel environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in hotel Housekeeping and Laundry department
- Proven training skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to see opportunities to improve work practices and processes in order to positively impact employee and guest satisfaction
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System (Micros-Fidelio) is desirable
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong developmental and mentorship skills
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Dynamic, energetic, creative and thrives under pressure