IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
3PL Business Development Executive
About the company
Express Shipping & Logistics (EA) Ltd is a leading Third Party logistics, clearing & forwarding and shipping service provider serving entire region of sub Saharan Africa independently and through other Productive Synergies sharing the spirit of excelling in the shipping industry, with physical presence in Dar es Salaam, Mombasa, Nairobi, Malaba and Kampala.
The group has gained its popularity through its distinctive service provision and its existence can be traced back from a very humble beginning in 2001, with its mission being powering its customers to market leadership. We have managed sustainable fast growth through an endless pursuit of relentless customer satisfaction in our belief of Distinctiveness through all operations we have been entrusted with by our entire chain of clients.
We provide distinctive land, sea and air supply chain management solutions within East and Central African region. We have associates from various international shipping, logistics, freight forwarding, project management consisting of importers, exporters, charterers, ship owners, P&I clubs, NVOCC’s, Shipping Lines and consultancy organizations. Our main top-range services include;
– Ships Chartering
– Ships Agency
– Ships Management
– Global Logistics
– Clearing & Forwarding
– Surface Transportation
– Crewing Agency
Our agency services and levels of professionalism are approved by BIMCO (Copenhagen), the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) UK and AEO (Authorized Economic Operator) and FONASBA. In East Africa, we are members of the top shipping and logistics organizations e.g. KSAA, TASAA, KIFWA, KSC, etc.
About the job
We have an excellent and exciting opportunity for Business Development Executive – 3PL. We seek to give the opportunity to a candidate who ideally holds professional qualification in Sales & Marketing with an in-depth experience in Shipping and Supply Chain sales. The successful candidate shall be based in Nairobi as the point of operation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Business development:
- Develop networks to drive 3PL business development.
- Champion logistics solutions and process improvements for 3PL and supply chain projects.
- Actively and professionally manage 3PL customers.
- Actively manage 3PL risks.
2. Customer Relationship Management:
- Proactively manage relationship with new customers.
- Maintain up-to date and accurate profiles of customers i.e., contact persons, key business, opportunities, suppliers, polices etc. in relation the client.
- Sensitize customers on ESL service offering.
- Works on customer initiatives and implements solutions as per customer requirements.
- Pursue opportunities for portfolio customer growth and new business with allocated accounts.
- Customer retention: Develop a customer engagement cycle through a structured sales process to ensure customer development and retention.
- Use CRM (Customer Relationship Management), to update customer activities.
- Respond to customer complaints, compliments and inquiries within 24hrs.
3. Account Management:
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with the clients.
- Answering client’s questions in a professional manner.
- Handling complaints of the clients. Taking feedbacks from the clients.
- Writing monthly reports on the performance of the campaigns.
- Conducting extensive research on competitors’ products and services. (bench mark services offered).
- Create frequent reviews and reports with sales and financial data.
4. Marketing Activities:
- Participate in trade shows, fairs and promotions.
- Arrange customer workshops to ensure ESL brand is reinforced with customers.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets.
- Actively participate in customer satisfaction surveys.
5. Stakeholder management:
- Manage extensive and effective communications with 3PL partners, drivers, warehouse team and appropriate departments.
- Support Customer Experience improvements around Supply Chain by collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Collating data for KPIs on supplier delivery performance, quality and schedules.
- Develop and maintain supplier/customer relationships to ensure that communication and supply of information is at the highest level both internally and externally.
- Any other duty assigned by management.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Minimum degree in Sales & Marketing, commerce , supply chain management or relevant degree.
- Professional certification by MSK.
- Member of MSK.
- Proficient in all computer application packages.
- Proficient on company operating software’s like ERP and Sage.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a busy Sales & Marketing environment.
- Experience in warehouse management systems is an added advantage.
Competencies & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of 3PL commercial functions.
- Strong working knowledge of sales, marketing, shipping, receiving, inventory management and pricing structure a plus.
- Proven experience development of 3PL solutions for customers.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational & interpersonal skills and team player.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize workload and work under pressure.
- Analytical and with problem solving skills.
- High integrity.
- Proactive and A result-driven and organized individual.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good negotiation and sales skills.
All interested persons to submit, through email, their application, CV, academic certificates, training certificate and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention the Human Resource Manager. This advert runs for 14 days effective 21st to 4th December 2022. Canvassing in will lead to automatic disqualification