Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About DT Global
DT Global is shaping a future where sustainable development and innovation empower individuals, communities, and nations. We work in partnership with local stakeholders to foster inclusive prosperity, social equity, and environmental stewardship. Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries to solve complex problems in the peacebuilding, governance, economic development, environment, and human development sectors. With a track record of technical excellence and more than 60 years of international development experience and relationships, we deliver innovative solutions that transform lives.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
About the Opportunity
The anticipated FCDO-funded Green Urban Growth programme intends to create more inclusive and climate-resilient Somalia cities, to support their capacity to cope with urbanisation and harness green growth opportunities that contribute to poverty reduction and stability, while building longer-term resilience for Somalia’s IDPs and the urban poor. The programme will engage with actors at different levels to advance on climate resilience initiatives, the integration of marginalised groups, and the institutionalisation of inclusive service delivery. The programme is expected to be delivered through three main components: Component 1: Improved urban planning, land use control and decision-making; Component 2: Pipeline of ‘bankable’ projects and facilitating investments in green urban infrastructure; and Component 3: Mobilising finance for investments -including transactions for green urban infrastructure and ecosystems services.
About The Role
DT Global is seeking an experienced Team Leader who will be responsible for overall administration and management of the programme as well as supervision of the field staff. The Team Leader is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across the different regions of Somalia. The Team Leader must possess the intellectual, communications, leadership, and managerial skills necessary to develop, articulate and implement a strategic vision, as well as ensure that all programme objectives and deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner. The Team Leader is the final implementing team authority on programme management issues, including staff, logistics, financial accounting and security.
The position is expected to split their time (approximately) 70% in Somalia and 30% in Nairobi based on program needs.
- Overall leadership, project planning and implementation of the Programme, ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for FCDO;
- Manage and motivate a diverse team of technical and operations experts in designing, planning, and executing the programme’s work plan to achieve long-term, sustainable results;
- Serve as the primary point of contact to FCDO and contribute to a successful, positive relationship with the Senior Responsible Owner;
- Provide management, strategic direction, and oversight to the activity’s technical, administrative, and financial performance;
- Coordinate with FCDO and relevant, key stakeholders, including partners, government and local counterparts, donors, and other FCDO programming in Somalia;
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions and ensure their compliance with FCDO and DT Global rules and regulations;
- Ensure that relevant staff use, maintain, and upload reports regularly to the Database and ensure quality control measures for data are consistent and complete.
The selection criteria will include:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, urban planning or other relevant field (or, alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant experience);
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing complex resilience or economic assistance projects in developing countries, of which five years was spent in a senior leadership capacity of a project that involved managing a team, and of which three years must have taken place in/on fragile or post-conflict states, Somalia preferred;
- Previous experience with complex FCDO programmes is highly advantageous.
- Experience working in Africa in similar contexts (fragile and conflict affected countries) required, Somalia experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Somali context is advantageous. Track record of engagement with national and state-level stakeholders is highly desirable;
- Highly innovative, adaptable, and strategic thinker who is able to steer pioneering initiatives that can lead to long-term stability and sustainable development.
- Technical experience in urban and regional planning, economic development planning and infrastructure with a focus on green growth, urban resilience, green infrastructure, climate adaptation, climate finance or similar preferred.
- Excellent English language speaking, writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Somali language or Arabic is highly advantageous
Application Deadline closes 30th October 2023