You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently and safely, to perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the hotel’s facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while on internship
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
The Engineering Intern will be trained to perform routine maintenance and essential repair functions in the areas of mechanical and electrical duties, carpentry and painting, plumbing as well as kitchen and laundry equipment.
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent guest service skills
- Able to work safely with minimum supervision and be able to prioritize tasks
- Team-oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an eye for detail
- Experienced “jack of all trades” in areas such as painting, plumbing, tiling and carpentry would be an added advantage
- Possibility of making a study agreement of at least 6 months
Your team and working environment:
Fairmont The Norfolk Hotel has played a leading role in Kenya’s colorful history, and continues to be Nairobi’s finest and best-known luxury hotel. The town and later the modern city of Nairobi grew up around Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which boasts 170 guest rooms and suites, and still has its own private tropical gardens. The hotel is still the traditional starting point for safaris and the Lord Delamere Terrace is modern Nairobi’s most famous meeting place, where drinks and light meals are served continuously from morning until midnight.