Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
REPORTING TO: SENIOR ENGINEER-INFRASTRUCTURE.
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for Providing primary support for systems infrastructure (Server, Storage, Operating Systems and Virtualization) while ensuring all required security controls and audit remediation is done for the responsible infrastructure.
Management and Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide regular progress reports to the Data Centre Manager;
- Develop and foster internal and external stakeholder communications;
- Influence the stakeholders to adopt standard working frameworks and collaboration with IT during innovation identification and appraisal of Projects
- Advice on mechanism and reuse of built solutions for ease of Budget planning & control over availed CAPEX and OPEX.
Technical and Professional Responsibilities
- Responsible for systems support including but not limited to availability, performance and reliability of all on premise IT systems infrastructure consisting of Windows, AIX, Linux Platform.
- Responsible for infrastructure optimization of all IT infrastructure to ensure optimal infrastructure performance.
- Administration duties including Windows Active Directory object maintenance, complex troubleshooting and repair tasks on Active Directory, Windows Server 2008-2019, Domain Controllers, DNS, user authentication and other operational systems as needed.
- Implementation tools to aid in improving operation efficiencies in monitoring and infrastructure management.
- Automation of Directory Services to provide Identity Management and User/Group management tools utilizing Active Directory as the backbone for the Identity Access Management implementation.
- Establishes service specifications to other systems including permissions modification, deletion, role definitions, reclassification and other similar access management related functions.
- Service Quality Management: Ensure IT and Infrastructure platforms perform within or exceed KPIs, ensure ability of the system to support specific forms of traffic, and to support end user experience.
- Resolve faults on all systems deployed for IT infrastructure platforms.
- Implements best practice security measures to ensure the integrity and continuity of systems services and information and continuously monitor security compliance
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Certification in VMware (VCP), Microsoft /Linux Professional certification in systems.
- 5 years Technology experience with experience in: Operating Systems Administration in AIX, Linux and Windows
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Storage Administrations, and Virtualization administration on VMware.
- Has passion and drive to achieve results under difficult circumstances
- A good communicator with great problem solving skills; demonstrates strong planning and organizing abilities.
- Capacity to influence decisions at senior management levels
- Pleasant and able to relate well in diverse social set ups and teams.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to make business decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; firstname.lastname@example.org; closing date is 28th September 2022. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”