Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
REPORTING TO: LEAD PROJECT MANAGER.
Job Purpose: Management of projects to ensure that the expected objectives are delivered on time, within budget, with high quality and realization of benefits. The role holder will ensure the application of appropriate skills, tools and techniques to project activities during the project life cycle, addressing the various needs, concerns and expectations of the stakeholders and balancing the competing project constraints of Scope, Quality, Schedule, Budget, Resources, and Risk.
Management and Administrative Responsibilities
- Provide regular progress reports to the Lead Project Manager and Business Owners on a weekly, monthly or adhoc as may be required by Project Owners/Stakeholders.
- Develop and foster internal and external stakeholder communications;
- Influence the stakeholders to adopt standard working frameworks and collaboration with IT and Business during innovation identification and appraisal of Projects
- Advice on mechanism and reuse of built solutions for ease of Budget planning & control over IT Strategy and Architecture.
Technical and Professional Responsibilities
- Lead and manage implementation of projects within a portfolio of competing projects and limited time and resources.
- Develop processes and procedures to support the achievement of the project objectives.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology for Planning, Defining, Execution, Monitoring and Control, and reporting activities within the project lifecycle.
- Prepare project initiation and governing documents like, Project Charter and Project Management Plans
- Determine the organizational structure of the project team and assemble a cross-functional project staff for their technical or functional contribution to the project.
- Identify key stakeholders to the project and their roles and value while coordinating activities across different internal and external functions
- Assigning work to team members in collaboration with the work stream owner and ensuring the team remains motivated to deliver
- Manage project budget and resource allocation as well as constantly checking on project progress toward meeting its objectives, determining the cause of deviations from the plan if any and take corrective actions to address deviations.
- Facilitate the definition of scope; service levels and user requirements in addition to coordinating partners, vendors and consultants engaged in the project work.
- Organize and ensure proper and adequate testing phases within projects.
- Provide regular reporting and presentation of project status, progress, risks and issues to all stakeholders.
- Convene regular Project Steering Committee meetings that include, Executive Sponsor and other stakeholders.
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an ICT or related field from a recognized university
- Certification in Project Management – Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP and Certification in Agile Project management will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Able to manage and lead a sandbox for delivery of technical initiatives using Agile methodology and scrum practices
- Proven consistent experience of successfully managing various ICT projects in both waterfall and agile implementation frameworks.
- Thorough understanding of project management lifecycle, phases, techniques and tools with strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff, energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus.
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment.
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs.
- Knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools with an understanding of IT as a shared service to other areas of the bank.
- A good communicator with great problem solving skills; demonstrates strong planning and organizing abilities.
- Capacity to influence decisions at senior management levels
- Pleasant and able to relate well in diverse social set ups and teams.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to make business decisions
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 28th September 2022. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”