Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The incumbent shall be responsible for business development and implementation of contract,research trials. Technical reporting and analysis, data management and collection. They shall also be in charge of the teams in respective regions and shall coordinate all research activities
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To plan, set up, execute, and report on all field trials and Crop sciences activities in their regions.
- Ensure contract research trials and projects are implemented as per protocols.
- Monitor progress of trials and send timely reports and updates.
- Lead in sourcing of trial sites and demonstration sites in activity areas.
- Ensure data is collected using SGS preferred ARMs and or in accordance with GEP/GLP.
- Write and provide accurate scientific reports and should be able to do scientific data analysis using preferred tools.
- Participation in agricultural events to offer technical advice and support in other crop sciences commercial activities.
- Ensure sustainability practices and key performance indicators are met.
- Participate in assigned events to offer technical advice and to support the crop sciences team to achieve target objectives.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct Safety and OI- Ensure compliance to SGS safety, operation Integrity, policies and procedures and register zero injuries.
- Adopt at all times a safe behavior by exercising due regard for HSE of SGS employees.
- Carry out any other assignment as may be advised from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Hold a minimum of B.Sc. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Entomology, or any other agricultural related course.
- Have at least 3 year(s) working experience in field agronomy, conducting field trials.
- Must be competent in motor vehicle driving and have a valid driving license.
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Sensitive to set timelines and targets.
- Physically fit, hardworking, honest and performance driven.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Basic knowledge of HSE standards and riding competency are added advantages.