Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKES, Kenya) operates 5 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to senior secondary education in both national and international curricula. It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi (AKA, Nairobi) is the only school in Kenya authorized to offer a continuum of the International Baccalaureate curriculum (IB) from Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), to Diploma Programme (DP). With over 1000 students, AKA, Nairobi is a multi-cultural school with a variety of nationalities represented in our student and teaching faculty.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Senior School, welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic, professionals for the position: FILM AND MEDIA STUDIES TEACHER
The Film and Media Studies Teacher will deliver high-quality and vibrant lessons that enable each student to be highly imaginative, challenge perceptions, and develop creative and analytical skills. As a Film and Media teacher, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of storytellers, filmmakers, and media professionals. You will be responsible for designing and delivering an engaging and comprehensive media and film curriculum, fostering a creative learning environment, and nurturing students’ skills in various aspects of media production and film studies. Learning Arts involves more than simply learning artistic terminology, and since the IB considers all teachers to be language teachers, the Film and Media Studies Teacher will enable students to access, use and communicate artistic knowledge correctly and confidently in oral, written, performing and visual modes.
- Teaching IB MYP media studies courses, media curriculum, available technology, and instructional media to enhance student’s learning experiences
- Collaboratively plan units of study designed to maximize learning for all students by integrating use of film and media tools and software into lessons
- Deliver effective, differentiated, and inquiry-based lessons in a friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Create a safe and conducive environment in which the students can learn and thrive as they gain hands on experience and proficiency in film and media production
- Use varied, adequate assessments, including formative and summative assessments in line with the International Baccalaureate Organization requirements
- Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the relevant subject and modern pedagogy
- Accurately evaluate and comment on both the ability and developmental potential of each student
- Effectively communicate with students, colleagues, and parents, including through email and the school information system
- Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices
- Show profound commitment to ongoing professional growth and to taking on responsibility for fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts & Film Technology or an equivalent in the respective field.
- TSC Certification.
- 5 years of IB Middle Years Programme and/or IB Diploma.
- Previous teaching experience in the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
The closing date for applications is September 30, 2023.