Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance & Administration Director for the upcoming USAID-funded Kenya Feed the Future Private Sector Activity. The overall goals of the Activity are to create jobs, particularly for women and youth, increase incomes, and accelerate inclusive, climate-resilient, and sustainable economic growth through private sector partnerships. The Activity will focus on increasing investment into targeted sectors in Kenya through partnerships with growth-oriented, formal private-sector firms. The Activity will support partnerships in the agriculture sector (with processors, off-takers, input and logistics providers, and other market actors) and in the health sector.
The activity will have the flexibility to support opportunities with high job creation potential across the country, with a primary focus on counties within the Feed the Future Zone of Influence (ZOI). These counties include: Taita Taveta, Makueni, and Kitui in southeastern semi-arid areas; Turkana, Marsabit, Isiolo, Garissa, Samburu, and Wajir in the northern arid areas; and Kakamega, Busia, Migori, Homa bay, Kisumu, Vihiga, Bungoma and Siaya.
This position will be full-time, based in Nairobi, Kenya, and is contingent upon award.
- Provide managerial and operational support to the Chief of Party, by overseeing project finance and accounting, operations, grants management, IT and human resources and ensuring compliance with USAID regulations
- Oversees the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Oversees financial planning and analysis of program activities including forecasting and budget tracking; labor planning; and monitoring of burn rate.
- Ensures compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the activity contract.
- Oversees procurement efforts for the activity including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of grants and subcontractors on the activity in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Participates in negotiations with USAID on contract issues and actions and follow up on donor requests and concerns.
- Oversees grants administration and supervises the grants management team.
- Oversees personnel management in coordination with the COP and DCOP, including recruiting, hiring, performance management, and offboarding.
What We Value
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field and at least 15 years of experience in operations, finance, and administration for large-scale international development programs OR Master’s and at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting and managing operations for USAID-funded programs.
- Experience in Kenya and/or East Africa managing finance, grants under contract (GUC), administration and operations functions for an international donor funded program.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement.
- Expertise in USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Experience directly supervising a team consisting of grants, finance, HR, and other administrative staff.
- Proficiency in English and Swahili required.
- Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.