Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The American Red Cross in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Gavi the Vaccine Alliance, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), United Nations Foundation (UNF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) leads the Measles & Rubella Partnership (M&RP). The American Red Cross activities within the M&RP program have recently moved towards supporting routine immunization. Because routine immunization coverage has stagnated over the past 10 years, the American Red Cross has developed a new innovative program called the 5-Point Plan which, if successful, will help break the stagnation barrier and increase routine immunization coverage. The Finance and Administration Manager will lead both the M&RP finance aspect of the American Red Cross Kenya Office and provide financial support to the M&RP programs aimed at supporting either vaccination campaigns or routine immunization programs focusing on the newly developed 5-Point Plan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqpeIgs62s4). The position reports to the Finance Manager -American Red Cross National Headquarter and to the MR&P Field Representative based in Nairobi Kenya who may assign additional specific finance oversight responsibilities as needs dictate.
DUTIES Applicable to All
- Work towards the achievement of the American Red Cross goals in the country/region of operation through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities
- Perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Specific DUTIES Responsibilities AND accountabilities
- Manage the funds and financial assets of the delegation, under the overall direction of the NHQ International Service Finance. This will include cash flow and cost control management as well as the management of the payments, cash, bank signatory and payroll functions. Advise the MR&P Field Representative and other staff on financial and administrative matters.
- Coordinate the compilation of the delegation’s budget and financial plan, under the direction of the MR&P Field Representative and Finance Manager -NHQ, using budgets templates provided by American Red Cross.
- Train, support and advise delegates and other ICN staff on financial and administrative matters
- Train, support and advise the National Society in the development of its financial and administrative systems including budgeting and internal control systems.
- Support the management of contracts negotiated on behalf of the delegation by Kenya Red Cross, with the advice of the American Red Cross Legal Counsel and the MR&P Field Representative.
- Support and train the locally hired financial staff of the delegation, as well as build capacity of the NSs finance staff
- Compile accurate, regular, and timely financial and narrative reports for American Red Cross and for donors. Ensure Field Monthly Reports are completed and supported by appropriate documents, uploaded on the share point including analytics.
- Monitor the budget of the delegation and ensure accurate accounting, authorization & internal control procedures. Investigate and address significant variances.
- Review the finance sections of funding proposals for the National Societies and other partners.
- Review all payments made by the delegation and all reports from the various programs supported by the delegation.
- Visit the NSs to undertake financial risk assessments of their system, guide the NS on budgeting requirement, train the staff on American Red Cross compliance requirements before any project begins.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Establish and ensure effective working relationships with the other staff and PNSs counterparts.
- Ensure effective working relationships with National Society counterparts and leadership.
- Ensure effective working relationships with technical and service departments at American Red Cross National Headquarter level.
Person SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Red Cross Training Courses or equivalent knowledge
- Professional /academic qualification in finance or accounting: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any other relevant field plus full professional accountancy qualification, CPA (K), ACCA, etc and knowledge of accounting software. A post graduate qualification is and added advantage
- Experience of managing & supporting staff
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent
- Experience of working for a humanitarian aid organisation in a developing country
- 3 years professional work experience in financial management and reporting, audits, budgeting, and accounting.
- Experience of preparing budgets, cash flow statements & financial plans
- Experience of working with various accounting systems such as QuickBooks, Navision, CODA
- Experience of writing narrative & financial reports
- Experience of commercial & contractual systems
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word‐processing and accounting packages)
- Knowledge and experience of QUICKBOOKS
- Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
- Valid driving licence
- Able to communicate effectively in English. Other languages such as Swahili and French will be an added advantage
- Skills in training and developing staff
Core competencies ‐ a high degree of competence in
- Teamwork; commitment to the Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility & adaptability; initiative & direction; interpersonal skills; resilience
- Management competencies ‐ a high degree of competence in
- Management of strategy; planning; management of budgets; management of resources; monitoring; supervision and control; reporting; communication;
- networking; management of self; able to work without supervision.
Closing Date : 23rd September 2023