Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Support the Finance department in ensuring that financial and accounting operations are in strict compliance with IPAS AA policies and procedures and specific donor rules and regulations. Also strive to ensure efficient and accountable use of donor funds.
- Support the month-end close process to ensure that the required monthly report is accurate, complete, reviewed and approved
- Preparation of monthly support schedules and month-end accounts.
- Performing financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with Ipas AA policies and procedures and donor grants and contracts requirements
- Verification of documentation that support invoice payments, travel reimbursements and advance liquidations for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviewing invoices from vendors and program staff and capturing/processing same in the financial management system
- Support in ensuring that all General Ledger (GL) postings are correct and are posted to the right work orders and GL codes
- Support the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for all financial support services throughout the Organization
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and financial projections while ensuring compliance with financial reporting standards and regulations
- Analyze financial data to provide insights into the AA’s financial performance, and use financial analysis to guide strategic decision-making and long-term planning.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, working closely with unit leads. Monitor budget performance, identify variances, and implement corrective actions as necessary. Optimize resource allocation to achieve AA’s objectives efficiently.
- Identify and assess financial risks and support in developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, tax laws, financial laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee audits and work with external/internal auditors to maintain financial transparency and accountability.
- Ensures compliance with Ipas financial management and other operational policies and procedures in relevant functional areas (inventory, procurement, payroll, IT).
- Managing partnerships and sub-grants including ensuring compliance with contractual obligations in relation to financial reporting, recording keeping, audit, procurement, and conducting reviews and spot checks on reported costs and ensuring funds are provided as required.
- Undertakes special assignments and/or other related duties as required
The Finance Advisor will report to the Alliance Finance and Operations Manager however s/he will also have direct communication and work closely with the program leads.
Minimal Requirements for Position
- Bachelor’s degree graduate in a business-related field.
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Experience in Financial reporting and SOP’s compliance enforcement.
- Advanced skills working with Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience working with an ERP.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great Interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and contribute in a team.
- High integrity.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to multi-task
- Previous working experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience managing sub-grants.
- Prior experience preparing financial reports.
Documents to be submitted:
1. Cover letter
2. A detailed Curriculum Vitae