Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring IRC systems and procedures of internal controls are followed when committing financial transactions in integra-Data system and ensuring correct financial dimensions are correctly used and adequate cash is available to implement the program activities.
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized at set limits as per IRC Kenya delineation chart before disbursement.
- Prepare the Invoice Journal and payment journal and submit to workflow for Finance Manager approval and ensure the same are posted into integra system after approval.
- Manage integra data entry for accounts payable and accounts receivable by ensuring the information are accurate and the correct financial dimensions are used before processing.
- Monitor and track cash advanced to program and support staff on monthly basis and ensuring timely liquidation of advances by preparation of liquidation journal to be reviewed by finance Manager.
- Responsible for preparation of taxation schedule for per-diem paid to staff every Month and submit to Finance Officer for review and approval before submission to Nairobi for payroll deduction by 14th of every Month.
- Monitor and track all vendor invoices submitted to Finance and ensure they met the 3-way match before processing the invoice journal. Ensure that the vendor invoices are processed on timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation of Journal for all cash received or deposited into bank account and submit to the workflow for approval.
- Ensuring that vendors payments journals are settled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation of bank reconciliation statement on a bi-weekly basis for field bank account and any discrepancies are brought to attention of Finance Officer or Finance Manager.
- Maintain an organized and well documented Filing folder for invoice journals and payments journals in sequential filing system for easy retrieval and ensure that Invoice / Payment Journals are well supported with relevant original documentations.
- Support in retrieval of documentation during the auditing and verification of financial documents as requested by Donor/auditors.
- Carrying out finance officer duties in his absence.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of Excel and ERP system an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft 365 a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and be well organized.
- Ability to carry out work with a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be adaptable and flexible with a view to taking on board new tasks and new assignments in due course.
- Minimum CPA II qualification or University degree.
- At least 1year of finance and accounting experience in a similar post.