Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing heath challenges.
PATH Kenya is seeking a Finance Associate based in Nairobi Kenya, to support the finance function of the Nairobi office. This role will report to the Finance Manager Kenya Country Program. The role will support Accounts Payable management, accounting compliance, Reconciliations, financial data validation, staff financial training and projects support.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure all Accounts Payables are treated in line with PATH policy and project guidelines.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure timely and accurate closure of project payment requests.
- Check and validate payment requests and invoices ensuring appropriate supporting documentation for audit trail.
- Perform accurate data entry in the ERP in accordance with GAAP and PATH policy.
- Prepare payments and ensure accurate banking entries.
- Perform assigned bank roles in alignment with PATH policy.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded in line with PATH policy.
- Reconcile all suppliers’ statements with ERP ledger balance records and close any discrepancies.
- Review and approve staff travel expenditure reports and reconciliation.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the Accounts Payable ledger.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations including Mobile money (Mpesa).
- Perform month end tasks as per schedule of responsibilities provided by the Finance Manager.
- Prepare accurate DA1 forms and ensure delivery to US Embassy. Provide support for any follow up actions.
- Maintain a clear physical and online storage system for DA1 forms prepared and submitted.
- Support in audit including preparing audit schedules and retrieval of documents.
- Support staff training on accounting and finance manuals/policy.
- Provide ad hoc training to project teams on financial requirements.
- Liaise closely with the Nairobi office Finance officer.
- Professional accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a busy NGO finance department. Experience with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software. Hands on experience in Business World software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively with the project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.